Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Diaper Rash Question
mainemomma 09:47 AM 08-02-2010
I have two girls in my care that right now that have severe diaper rash. Both have diareah and never have red bottoms so this is something new for them. One is 9 months, the other 14 months. Both parents asked me what I prefer, I like Triple Butt Paste, however its not sold anywhere near here. What do you guys like to use?

Melissa
Aya477 10:02 AM 08-02-2010
My son had sensitive skin to runny BM and sounds like you described. Diaper rash creams only irritated his skin worse so I used Lanolin (the type you can find in the breastfeeding section). The next best thing to that was Aquafor.
melskids 10:12 AM 08-02-2010
i have the parents send what they want me to use. that being said, i have seen desitin, balmex, triple butt paste, and aquaphor. personally, i like the triple butt paste.
JenNJ 10:22 AM 08-02-2010
My daughter has very sensitive skin and Desitin (or the Target equivilent) worked best. When she was younger I used lanisoh.
tenderhearts 10:25 AM 08-02-2010
I usually put on desitin then put on a coat of bag balm to keep anything away from their skin. Works great. My now 4 yr old dcg used to always have bad diaper rashes and it always cleared them up quickly.
Former Teacher 05:49 PM 08-02-2010
When I worked in daycare, parents would bring in Destitin, Dr. Smith (works the best next to Desitin).One parent would bring in good ole fashioned corn starch.
Tags:baby powder, corn starch, destitin, diaper rash
Reply Up