Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>First Time Dealing with Vomit...
KristinsHomeCC 09:41 AM 12-12-2016
I need some help or some clarification of some sorts...

Thursday afternoon, I had my 2 14-month old DCKs in highchairs ready to eat lunch. As soon as I start putting food on their trays, one vomits all over herself, the tray, etc. I rush her to the tub, clean her up, and call her mom. I stripped her down and put her in her pack N play and called mom. I go back to the kitchen to clean up the high chair mess and I look next to me in the play room (right next to where I am - seperated by a baby gate) and my 18m DCK is blowing chunks all over my carpet.

Just wanted to give a visual of my hellacious thursday afternoon

So long story kind of short, I got sick, my 2 year old son got sick, and 3 DCKs. Had the weekend to recoup. One comes in today that never vomited, only had diarrhea and she pukes within 10 mins of being here. DCM claims she was fine all weekend even with solid bowels.

I just wanted to cry. After being sick myself, I spent my entire weekend disinfecting and sanitizing, swearing it would be over. Now I have to mop and sanitize my dining room AGAIN. I understand bugs are crazy in this way but good grief.

SO I need some clarification. I have DCP's that I feel almost try to manipulate me in ways. Even if the other children got sick, shouldn't I still exclude for vomiting (even if its just once more) or diarrhea (even if its been 4 days, feces can still carry viruses!) My husband didnt get sick and thats enough reason for me to exclude!
Tags:illness policy, sickness, vomit
Up