Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Anyone Use An Online Billing Service?
DanielleS 02:59 PM 01-26-2014
I am due in March and about 8 weeks after that I'm going to start taking care of two more infants about the same age (their parents work with my husband and there is a serious shortage of infant childcare here).

I am setting everything up to be as professional as possible. I want to avoid any of the awkward pitfalls of doing business with friends (or friendly acquaintances at least). I have been working on forms, getting registered with the state etc. but I am looking for an easy way to do billing.

The school I work for now has an autopay system when things can be automatically deducted, paid online or cards swiped at our check-in reader. It's insanely expensive though. Does anyone here recommend anything where parents can pay with a card, online and doesn't charge an arm and a leg?
mountainside13 03:44 PM 01-26-2014
Originally Posted by DanielleS:
I am due in March and about 8 weeks after that I'm going to start taking care of two more infants about the same age (their parents work with my husband and there is a serious shortage of infant childcare here).

I am setting everything up to be as professional as possible. I want to avoid any of the awkward pitfalls of doing business with friends (or friendly acquaintances at least). I have been working on forms, getting registered with the state etc. but I am looking for an easy way to do billing.

The school I work for now has an autopay system when things can be automatically deducted, paid online or cards swiped at our check-in reader. It's insanely expensive though. Does anyone here recommend anything where parents can pay with a card, online and doesn't charge an arm and a leg?
Minute menus kids pro is what I recently started using. There is a 30 day free trail and after that $70 a year and 100% tax deductible. Parents can set up auto withdrawal online with it. MMK records all your expenses, attendance exc. so making taxes really easy!

Otherwise maybe try paypal?
DanielleS 04:21 PM 01-26-2014
Love it!
That is great

I use paypal for lots of other things, but the fees would add up and I plan on billing every other week (the Monday after the University payday) and pp would charge every single time. Plus it just doesn't have the air of professionalism that I am going for.

I work at a pre-school now, I have a degree in elementary education. It works out really well right now because there are a bunch of people in our world making babies! I am using this opportunity to transition into working from home so I can be at home with our child. As the kids grow, I plan on adding a couple more children (in order to lower rates and stay competitive with local providers). I'm trying to set everything up correctly now, the first time, so that I don't have to try to do it from scratch later on when I have my own kid and everyone else's running around!
Tags:minute menu kids pro
Reply Up