Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>14 More Days...
busymommy0420 12:19 PM 06-03-2013
I am counting down until I close my daycare. I had received notice from 3 out of my 5 clients and decided it is time to do something else. I am staying home full time until fall with my three young daughters and teen sons and then will do before and after school care only in the fall and will be teaching (paid) in the fall M.W.F at my daughters pre-school. I am so EXCITED to be done. Today DCG wet her pants all over the floor and my other DCG hit my eight month old in the face on purpose with a teddy bear. I have 14 more days of care and then have 2.5 months off. WOO HOO!!!
Oneluckymom 01:17 PM 06-03-2013
that sounds great !! Congrats!! Your kids will LOVE having mommy back to themselves!!

What did you decide to do with the SA's when school is out for break or minimum days, etc?
Patches 03:04 PM 06-03-2013
Awesome! I can tell you're excited!
busymommy0420 03:57 PM 06-03-2013
My two school age children are teachers kids so they are off for summer, holidays and breaks. I do a flat weekly rate for September through June with no weeks off. I do not charge for the summer. I have saved a few thousand to get me through and am so ready to have a break from fulltime toddlers. My girls love their friends but also have days they are upset when their toys get broken, damaged or played with "wrong". I am tired of needing approval to go out on a field trip, to give a popsicle or to watch a movie. I am so excited to be working with children in the fall but am even more excited for it not to be in my home.
bunnyslippers 04:58 PM 06-03-2013
I am right there with you! 14 more days, and then I am off for the summer, and daycare will be over forever! Hoping to get a teaching job in the fall, in a public school. Anything to be done with this! I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!
Tags:close daycare
Reply Up