Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>New Home Daycare in New Britain, CT!
Tay 07:57 PM 09-12-2013
Hi there, my name is Tay and I just opened a Licensed Home Daycare in New Britain, CT. I would like to know if there are other providers here from my city. Also, I would like to know how long did it take providers to fill their spot when they first opened? By state regulations 6 kids are our max capacity. I recently became affiliated with NAEYC and NAFCC. Also, I would like to know how can I effectively advertise to fill spots in daycare?? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks 😊
Michael 11:15 PM 09-13-2013
Welcome to the forum! How did you find us?
Blackcat31 07:30 AM 09-14-2013
Originally Posted by Tay:
Hi there, my name is Tay and I just opened a Licensed Home Daycare in New Britain, CT. I would like to know if there are other providers here from my city. Also, I would like to know how long did it take providers to fill their spot when they first opened? By state regulations 6 kids are our max capacity. I recently became affiliated with NAEYC and NAFCC. Also, I would like to know how can I effectively advertise to fill spots in daycare?? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks ��
Welcome to the forum!

As far as how long it takes to fill your vacancies, I don't think anyone can give you a for-sure answer as it can vary. It depends on the economy, your area, your program, etc.... way too many variables to be able to give you a concrete answer.

Advertising can be done in numerous ways. How effective the methods you choose, also depends on your area. Many child care providers use Craig's List (which is NOT popular in my area), some providers use newspapers, Facebook, flyers, business cards, open houses, web-sites, word of mouth etc....

ALL dependent on your community and how businesses advertise there.

Here are several threads about advertising: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...ertising+ideas
Tay 11:08 AM 09-14-2013
@Michael, I was googling daycare information and the forum caught my attention, I love it! It has tons of helpful information.
Tay 11:19 AM 09-14-2013
@Blackcat, thank for the information I will put an advertisement in Craiglist and see what happens and hopefully I wont get weirdos. Everyone in my circle knows about my daycare the problem is geographic since I live about 25 mins from all my friends and family. They live in a urban area and me in suburbia, they consider it too far away. Funny thing is that when I was house hunting, I was adamant in staying in my area because my kids had stability and this all they know. My daycare mentor lives about 25 mins from me and a house in front of her was for sale. She wanted me to buy it and I didn't. She's always full and get 2-3 calls daily so it would of been perfect to refer me if I was in the house in front of her. I am too far away and I am kicking myself since. I got my license in May and took care of a set of twins but mom lives in another town and they are in school now. So I am currently empty. :'(
Maria2013 02:55 PM 09-14-2013
welcome to the Forum
Tay 03:02 PM 09-14-2013
Thank you Maria
Tags:connecticut member
Reply Up