Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Do You Do When...
wdmmom 11:46 AM 02-14-2013
3 weeks ago I notified daycare families of our Valentine's Day Party (which is today.) I notified them through ther daycare's Facebook page and via email. I did this probably 3 times.

I also gave them a "class list" and said that each child needed to bring Valentine's for the other kids and that if you didn't want your child to participate in the festivities, that I needed to know by Monday (the 11th).

Everyone brought in their Valentine's and a small treat to share except for ONE kid! Granted he's only a year old but come on! I know for a fact that the family got the emails and seen the FB posts because they said something about it last week. Today kid comes in empty handed.

I really don't think I need to send goodies home from others for him if they didn't do what they were suppose to. Is this wrong?
Loveyoustinkyface 11:49 AM 02-14-2013
I would just share the "love" and candy, it's Valentine's day. (But take out the chocolate and save that for yourself!!) lol
bgmeyers 11:51 AM 02-14-2013
I would send them anyway. The kids here were so excited to GIVE their treats to their friends. I love that they are finding the joy in being the giver and not worrying about what they are going to get.

Maybe, just maybe, those parents who chose not to participate will have a change of heart next time around. If not, so be it. I will keep doing what I do and can't change the world.
momofsix 11:57 AM 02-14-2013
All of my kids brought cards/treats but my one year old too. I'm guessing the parents figured he's too young. Not a problem really-they're the type of family that I know will bring them when he's older. He still gets a bag of things to take home-his parents can have the extra calories because I sure don't need 'em
wdmmom 12:37 PM 02-14-2013
This family has got to be the worst ones I have.

Their older child attended last year. No Valentines, No Christmas exchange, No Christmas gift or bonus for me...2 years in a row, no birthday treats. NOTHING!
Lucy 12:44 PM 02-14-2013
While I would roll my eyes, I would still send something home for him. The other kids brought him Valentine's and/or treats, so he is entitled to take them home. In fact, I'd play up to that mom at pick up time how generous all the kids were. Might kind of make her feel guilty!

Also, if he's only ONE, the parents might have been the ones rolling their eyes and thinking, really? We have to sign Valentine's from our ONE year old?? I'm not saying that's how I would've felt as the parent of the 1 yr old, but maybe they did. No biggie. I wouldn't stress over it.
Reply Up