Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>The short walk gone wrong...
Brooksie 12:23 PM 06-10-2013
After being stuck in the house with very active kids most of the week last week, I was determined to get out of the house today. We usually spend at least 2 hours of our day outside everyday and no one does well when we are cooped up. Well today I had a small group and was hoping to get the 2 kids I had to the park (right down the street) or at least on a walk around the neighborhood. It was overcast all morning and drizzled very shortly during nap. After nap my dd got picked up by her dad for his visit and I was left with one 11mo old. Well the sun peered out and I thought, "this is our opportunity!" Very quickly I gathered everything we need for our outings and put him in the umbrella stroller and off we went walking down the street in the sunshine. By the time we got to the park the sky covered over again and the wind picked up. "Uh-oh" I thought, maybe we will skip the park and just head home the round about way for a short walk. So there we are half way home and it starts lightly drizzling.. ok, we pick up the pace and its still not bad. Pass the hospital and the house is in sight. The skies opened up and we had a massive downpour! So here I am, jogging in the rain with an 11 mo old in the stroller in the pouring rain. Bless their hearts, the guys working on the road right down the street spotted me and tried to cover my dcb with a trash bag, but I'd rather him get wet than suffocate. Still, the thought was nice. I thought this little guy was gonna start screaming (he screams about everything) but I actually think he enjoyed himself. haha. He talked the whole time and just kind of sat there, probably entertained by the quick pace we were moving. Well I got him inside pretty quickly and got him changed and warm. No harm done... But I tell you what.. that's the last time I try to beat the clouds!!
Crystal 12:47 PM 06-10-2013
AND, you got a workout!!!
SunnyDay 12:55 PM 06-10-2013
One of those moments you'll always remember....and maybe the kids, too! :-)
MarinaVanessa 01:04 PM 06-10-2013
Well at least you can't say that you didn't have an interesting day!
Reply Up