Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I'm Out!...Well...Kind Of, lol!
Evansmom 06:20 AM 06-14-2013
We put our house on the market!! I'm so happy and scared and I feel totally crazy!

7 years ago we bought this big beautiful house then a few months after we got bad financial news that meant we couldn't afford it anymore. We have struggled to stay here, my daycare business covered the mortgage, but still barely scraped by. Lots of stress and 5 years later we are letting our property go and moving to a house we can actually afford and I won't have to do daycare but can now take care of my family!!

Well...I am still going to do a very small (1-2 kids) 2 day a week program that is entirely play based and Reggio inspired but that's because I WANT to not because I HAVE to and even though it's still a business it feels totally different. Want to is so much more fun than have to!!

And I won't work Fridays! Yay!!
Blackcat31 07:34 AM 06-14-2013
Sounds like you have had a weight lifted off your shoulders.

Glad to hear you are able to move forward and spend time with your family! Time is irreplaceable so enjoy it!!
melilley 11:16 AM 06-14-2013
That's great the you get to be with your family and get to take care of a couple of kids because you want, not have to! Good luck!

P.S. I hope the birds do not follow you to your new home...lol
Evansmom 11:57 AM 06-14-2013
Originally Posted by melilley:
That's great the you get to be with your family and get to take care of a couple of kids because you want, not have to! Good luck!

P.S. I hope the birds do not follow you to your new home...lol
me too! Definitely not disclosing the birds to the new buyers, ha ha!!

Thanks blackcat!
Oneluckymom 12:44 PM 06-14-2013
So happy for you!! Good luck on your move!!
originalkat 12:47 PM 06-14-2013
Congratulations! That will be such a huge weight lifted off your shoulders.
Good for you guys!
AmyKidsCo 02:16 PM 06-14-2013
Congrats!!
Reply Up