Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Was Your 1st Smile Of The Day?
coolconfidentme 05:35 AM 06-20-2013
MINE: A little boy was playing peek-a-boo covers his eyes & say.., "PINK-n-BLUE! PINK-n-BLUE" (I love my job!)
LeslieG 06:31 AM 06-20-2013
Watching the birthday boy open his present with his mom before she left for work. DCB turns one year old today!
crazydaycarelady 06:54 AM 06-20-2013
Still waiting.......I'm on Mountain Time, it's early! LOL
coolconfidentme 07:33 AM 06-20-2013
Originally Posted by crazydaycarelady:
Peace & quiet makes me smile!!!
Childminder 07:44 AM 06-20-2013
Three littles spent the night and when the first woke up I watched her run over to the other two and hug them awake. She was so excited to find out they were there.

Lyss 07:57 AM 06-20-2013
Originally Posted by crazydaycarelady:
Pacific here... still waiting unless i can include the fake smile I used with DCD when DCG (18mos) arrived with a pop and toast with butter/sugar just a few moments ago
preschoolteacher 07:57 AM 06-20-2013
My son said his second word: "eat!" and then proceeded to devour a bunch of carrots. I love this talking thing.

His first word (besides mama and dada) was "go!"
Lyss 07:59 AM 06-20-2013
Originally Posted by preschoolteacher:
My son said his second word: "eat!" and then proceeded to devour a bunch of carrots. I love this talking thing.

His first word (besides mama and dada) was "go!"
Aww! Too cute! Its so fun to hear them start talking!

ETA: 1st smile was when DCbaby (8weeks) showed up and gave me the biggest happy grin! How can you not smile back at that?!
MotherNature 09:06 AM 06-20-2013
2 month old DCG giving me crinkly eyed huge gummy grins. I miss those. Makes my uterus go all mushy.
Laurel 09:48 AM 06-20-2013
Well I need to do my first two smiles.

My 1.5 year old dcg sees me look through my door's peephole to see who is coming or going and to imitate me she puts her face to the door down low where there is no hole. She thinks she is doing what I do.

My 2.5 year old grandson is into carrying his 'gear' to imitate his mommy in the morning. So he already has a key ring with real keys (uncut) and he brings a sippy cup with water cause mom takes a water bottle. So today he comes in with her lunch tote and had a bag of baby carrots in it and an empty egg carton. I let him put them both in the fridge. I provide food, btw, so he normally doesn't bring anything.

Gotta love em. They are so cute.

Laurel
MsLaura529 09:49 AM 06-20-2013
Originally Posted by Lyss:
Pacific here... still waiting unless i can include the fake smile I used with DCD when DCG (18mos) arrived with a pop and toast with butter/sugar just a few moments ago
A POP?!?!??? Like... a can/bottle of pop?!???

My first smile (which has LONG since disappeared, I seem to have some crabby kiddos today), was when DCM was dropping of DCG and DCG (2.5) says, "look mom, it's the weather!" and pointed to our calendar/weather stuff we have out. DCM looks at me and says, "she has been talking about the weather so much since she started here. She is asking us if it's windy or cold or rainy or sunny".
daycare 01:28 PM 06-20-2013
this week is superhero week,,,,one dck who parents claim does not eat donuts or antyhing but health food says....(age 2)

I am dount woman and my power is I can eat donuts with no hands...BTW she is VERY over wieght....but it was the cutest thing ever..her saying it was funny and her narking out mom was even funnier.....
mamac 02:27 PM 06-20-2013
A little late in the day to respond but my first smile was when ds came into the living room this morning with a big proud smile because he didn't have any accidents last night. He decided last week that he didn't want to wear diapers anymore and went directly to big boy underwear. He only had 2 accidents in the first day and none since!
Oneluckymom 04:16 PM 06-20-2013
I was in the kitchen making strawberry muffins:

DS says to DD: "what's that smell? It smells like INCHANADAS"

originalkat 01:25 PM 06-21-2013
Here was my "There's Your Sign." moment that made me laugh today...

I have been meaning to bleach my white washcloths for awhile now. Today my 2 yr old dcg asked if she should use the grey towel. LOL!
Cradle2crayons 05:20 PM 06-21-2013
Today, mine was finding a huge bag of blackberries in a ziplock my two kids picked for me yesterday on their nature hike and didn't tell me and hid me where they knew I'd find them early this morning. Yummy fresh blackberries!!
Reply Up