Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Re-Opening Letter
CountryRoads 06:30 AM 04-29-2020
I'm able to reopen this week, but wont be opening for another week or so.

I have several restrictions that I need to follow. Sanitizing everything after they're touched, scanning for symptoms at the door, washing hands upon arrival, parents are not allowed inside, etc.

Did you just send out a letter detailing the restrictions? Have you had any issues?
Cat Herder 07:37 AM 04-29-2020
I just posted the state's regulations link, few parents seemed interested. All they wanted to hear was that I was open. I already go way past regulations and still run like my original medical needs based program. You know, before the state decided that I must become an "educator".

I have not really had any issues other than one deciding to attend a family gathering of about 20 people. Luckily I live in a small town and I was notified immediately. I excluded for 10 days. No muss, no fuss, no pushback at all.
284878 10:49 AM 04-29-2020
Originally Posted by CountryRoads:
I'm able to reopen this week, but wont be opening for another week or so.

I have several restrictions that I need to follow. Sanitizing everything after they're touched, scanning for symptoms at the door, washing hands upon arrival, parents are not allowed inside, etc.

Did you just send out a letter detailing the restrictions? Have you had any issues?
I would send a letter outlining what was expected from the parent, plus put a link in for them to read. I would also put up a Stop sign the yard that said, Stop here and text me to let me know that you arrived. If they come to your door, talk through the door or text and say, per policy all parents must stand 10 feet back so I can come out and access the child before letting the child in. Then do not open the door until they do.

Also, if you do not do contract time, consider giving each family drop off and pick up times. If they arrive outside of those times, they have to wait in their car.

(I would not want any babies at this time and am glad that I turned down the one that wanted to start)

If you do have babies, consider having something for them to put their baby in outside that is washable/easily cleaned.
Tags:coronavirus - afterwards, covid-19 - procedures, notification letter - reopening, re-opening, reopening
Reply Up