Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Paying For FB To Promote/Boost Your Posts??
Crazy8 11:04 AM 01-24-2014
Anyone try it?

I have a fb page for my daycare - most of the likes are real life friends of mine, past/present families, etc. I've asked friends to share the page on their own walls but only a few have here and there.

So, this week I decided to try the "boost your post" thing on FB. Paid $5. Supposedly my post reached over 1500 people - most of my posts reach 20-50 people tops, a few times I had a few friends share it and got up to about 300 views. BUT I didn't gain a single new "like" from it and not a single inquiry for care.

Anyone look into the FB advertising/post boosting/promoting?? Any tips or suggestions?? Trying to find ways to get my info out to the local community via FB.
TwinKristi 11:25 AM 01-24-2014
I just started my FB page last week. I only have maybe 2-3 people on there who aren't my friends/family but their friends/family. I haven't paid anything yet but have considered it. I don't really know how it works?
Cat Herder 11:32 AM 01-24-2014
I thought about trying that but just changed the setting to "friends of friends" on a few really cool daycare photos I posted (faces blurred or blocked of course).

When clients/friends clicked "like" their friends could then see the photos in their feeds, too. Within hours I had private messages asking to be put on waitlist.

Facebook seems to have invented "word of mouth from friends" without their knowledge or effort... go figure.

People like to share photos, but ignore ads.
Crazy8 11:38 AM 01-24-2014
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I thought about trying that but just changed the setting to "friends of friends" on a few really cool daycare photos I posted (faces blurred or blocked of course).

When clients/friends clicked "like" their friends could then see the photos in their feeds, too. Within hours I had private messages asking to be put on waitlist.

Facebook seems to have invented "word of mouth from friends" without their knowledge or effort... go figure.

People like to share photos, but ignore ads.
is yours a regular "friend" page or a business "like" page?? Mine is a business page and the only option for photos is "shared with anyone who can see this page". I can make posts public, but not photos. I do have a separate friend page that just dc families are friended on and parents have shared those photos on their own pages but hasn't gotten me any inquiries. I also comment on their pages/posts/photos under my daycare name.
Cat Herder 11:43 AM 01-24-2014
Originally Posted by Crazy8:
is yours a regular "friend" page or a business "like" page??
I started mine before I knew there were business pages. I did not open a personal one until 2 years later...

My last name is Childcare.....
itlw8 11:53 AM 01-24-2014
I have not paid .. yet but thought about it. My ds shared a picture of the kids sledding and it got 100 hits that day. HIS friends had kids so I think that is the way to go Problem is the best pictures are on the secret page because the kids have faces. Even if I get no new clients grandparents are learning what the kids are doing and stopped saying they need to go to preschool.

I have linked my facebook page on my craigslist ad hope that helps.... next is a web page ( after I finish my taxes next week)
Tags:advertising, facebook, marketing
Reply Up