Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>This Is Why I Don't Like Teachers
midaycare 10:08 AM 12-12-2017
In June I had a current client refer someone to me for September. We had the interview. The dcm is a teacher and they asked about holidays and summers. They were not happy that they had to pay for those times and I would not hold a spot. But they signed the contract.

Fast forward to today...I get notice that they are giving their 2 weeks notice, dcg will be home with dcm over Christmas, and starting somewhere new after the 1st.

They have zero care for how many daycares dcg has been in. It is so not fair to her. She clings to her blanket and hat and everything she brings with her with hands of steel...no wonder!

On the bright side...I kind of saw this coming. I scheduled them in on my calendar as an "extra" client while I was waiting for another current dcm to give birth. She gave birth 2 weeks ago, and baby will be here in 10 more weeks, taking teacher dcg's place.

So I suppose in 10 weeks I would have done the same to them, but seriously, I could smell this move on them coming from a mile away.
Tags:teachers, teachers as clients
Up