Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>Introducing Myself
C'est la vie. 11:40 AM 09-17-2011
I've been lurking on this forum for several months now, and finally got around to registering.

My name is Natalie and I'm a 34 year old mother of two. I've worked in Daycare for 14 years now, since graduating from University. My background is entirely in group care as I've worked in larger Care Facilites. My first Centre was an on reserve care centre in a Head Start program. I was with Head Start for 10 years, starting as a practicum student and later as a Manager.

My family has since relocated and I've started off at square one (almost) in my career. I now work on the floor again and am loving it. Though I am finding some things frustrating, but I'm confident I'll be able to influence the things I'd like to influence in time. I've been back to work for only 5 months, since I'd taken a year of Maternity Leave after my second child.

The bulk of my experience has been with infants and toddlers, though now I'm working with a class of 16 children that are 3 years old (most of which are JUST 3 or only a few months old. It's crazy and the behaviours are KILLING me right now, and making me miss the toddler crowd more.

Thats all I guess. I'm looking forward to being able to post freely.

Thanks
Natalie
Michael 11:46 AM 09-17-2011
Hi Natalie and welcome. I usually am in California but I am currently on business in Toronto. I see by your IP that you are in Alberta. We have a lot of members from Canada. I've upgraded your status and you can post freely now.
C'est la vie. 11:56 AM 09-17-2011
Thanks very much Michael. Yes I'm in Alberta. I did't realize there were a bunch of members that were Canadian. Enjoy Toronto. I grew up there, but really prefer living out West.
Tags:canada, new member
Reply Up