Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Why Is It That When You Open WITH THE FLU...
newtodaycare22 10:50 AM 11-14-2011
nobody naps?? Ughh. Figures right?
small_steps 10:52 AM 11-14-2011
Flu? Yikes...I think I would have closed for that one or called in my back up. Can't imagine having my little ones running around while I'm sick. Hope you feel better soon!
newtodaycare22 10:54 AM 11-14-2011
Originally Posted by small_steps:
Flu? Yikes...I think I would have closed for that one or called in my back up. Can't imagine having my little ones running around while I'm sick. Hope you feel better soon!
I felt better earlier and I felt bad closing because I was closed Friday for the holiday. Of course now, i'm feeling worse. My mom (back up) is coming to take the kids soon so I can head to the doctor.

I warned all the parents that I'm sick and only 1 offered to keep the kid home/seemed concerned that I was sick. Ay ay ay. I do it for the kids. I do it for the kids...
Cat Herder 12:11 PM 11-14-2011
Karma?

Just kidding..... Next time, don't open. This is mother nature making sure you form a hard wired memory..... Don't open with the flu.

I hope you feel better soon.
Christian Mother 12:23 PM 11-14-2011
Ohhh honey...I feel for you. You should of called all the parents Sat. night and told them you wouldn't be open Mond. bc of the flu but that if you felt better by Mon. you'd call to let them know Mond. morning. I am happy you have a back up for you. Nothing worse then feeling awful while caring for kids. For us we just can't take a day unless we're in the hospital.
Country Kids 12:38 PM 11-14-2011
Originally Posted by Christian Mother:
Ohhh honey...I feel for you. You should of called all the parents Sat. night and told them you wouldn't be open Mond. bc of the flu but that if you felt better by Mon. you'd call to let them know Mond. morning. I am happy you have a back up for you. Nothing worse then feeling awful while caring for kids. For us we just can't take a day unless we're in the hospital.
Even in the hospital we don't get a break! I was in there once and doing daycare billing (trying to figure it up with an iv in the hand is very hard). Anyway the doctor came in and asked what I was doing, I said figuring up my daycare bills. I thought he was going to hit the roof! He said and you wonder why you are in the hospital!!!! Its your bodies way of saying take care of me!!!!

That is why when I read what some people have had sickness wise and they keep working I just shake my head. I figure if my body is sick, then I'm not doing anyone any good by staying open. I'm not going to get provider of the year or anything so why kill myself trying.
mommiesherie 01:10 PM 11-14-2011
Oh my I feel so bad for you!!! I hope you feel better soon!
daycare 02:14 PM 11-14-2011
ditto here...

My little guy and I got sick over the long weekend. I am not as bad as the little guy, but I did not want to close because of the HOldiay on friday.

Instead my husband is here helping me. Has the little guy at the back half of the house and we are just being lazy today....

UGH...
Tags:flu, won't sleep
Reply Up