Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Why Must He Wake Everyone Up??
Unregistered 12:16 PM 09-19-2012
I have a 4 yr old dcb the will not stop waking everyone up. I have been doing home daycare for 5 years and have not had this problem. They sleep on mats in our activity room, once everyone is asleep i make myself lunch, clean, read,etc. Well if i am not in the room to stop him he gets up within 30 min to an hour and treks across the room to wake up other 4y dcb. Well he always ends up stepping on one of the 2 yr olds or the 1. 5yr old and regardless of who it is they cry and wake everone up. I have even given the child a clear path to other dcb and he still manags to wake one of the babies. I talk to him about it everyday before nap and everyday after he wakes everyone. He just blankly stares at me like he hasnt a clue what language i am speaking. Any suggestions besides staying in the room to guard the other children the entire time? Should i wake him after everone else is asleep and make him move to the couch? Would that be realistic or fair for me to wake him?
daycare 12:36 PM 09-19-2012
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I have a 4 yr old dcb the will not stop waking everyone up. I have been doing home daycare for 5 years and have not had this problem. They sleep on mats in our activity room, once everyone is asleep i make myself lunch, clean, read,etc. Well if i am not in the room to stop him he gets up within 30 min to an hour and treks across the room to wake up other 4y dcb. Well he always ends up stepping on one of the 2 yr olds or the 1. 5yr old and regardless of who it is they cry and wake everone up. I have even given the child a clear path to other dcb and he still manags to wake one of the babies. I talk to him about it everyday before nap and everyday after he wakes everyone. He just blankly stares at me like he hasnt a clue what language i am speaking. Any suggestions besides staying in the room to guard the other children the entire time? Should i wake him after everone else is asleep and make him move to the couch? Would that be realistic or fair for me to wake him?
is there any other space that he can lay for his nap that is away from the rest of the kids. I would not allow for him to get up for 45min, allowing him the chance to fall asleep. If after that time frame, at his age, you should let him get up and particiapte in a quite activity.

I think that this really is the only thing that you can do....
lovemykidstoo 12:48 PM 09-19-2012
Why is he waking up the other 4 year old? Is that child sleeping?

I would move his nap to another room. Even if he doesn't want to sleep, he should have quiet time.
Unregistered 01:11 PM 09-19-2012
he just wants the other boy to get up and play. He falls asleep but he is waking up and then going to wake up other boy. But i dont consider 30 min much of a nap time and other child complains that he is getting woke up. I think i will try keeping him in the living room for nap. Only problem is my children are coiming home from school at two seperate times, during nap and i have one chil being picked up at 3 but the 4 yr olds are both up bythen only the younger children are still asleep. So the living room is not so quiet of a place to rest. I dont trust him enough to leave him in my childrens rooms. They both have tall beds and tile floors..... I guess i will just have to make the living room work. Hummmm........

i need a bigger house.......:-)
Heidi 03:14 PM 09-19-2012
I agree with moving him. I would also tell him he may NOT wake up other children. Make a basket of books or small quiet toys, and tell him if he wakes up, the basket will be there for him to use until naptime is over. Change out what is in there periodically. Once he is asleep, put the basket down next to him. If you give it to him before nap, he'll probably not sleep.
Angelsj 03:59 PM 09-19-2012
I have one similar to this, down to the blank stare when you are trying to talk to him. I nap him in my back hallway (carpeted and on his mat.) I agree, separate and protect the other kids.
Tags:nap - disruptions, won't sleep
Reply Up