Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Omg!! State Inspection Surprise This Morning!!!
sahm2three 11:47 AM 01-04-2012
I had NO idea they were coming! We passed with flying colors!!! YIPPEEEEE!!! So so so glad we are done for another couple years!
MyAngels 11:56 AM 01-04-2012
Originally Posted by sahm2three:
I had NO idea they were coming! We passed with flying colors!!! YIPPEEEEE!!! So so so glad we are done for another couple years!
Congratulations! I never mind (much) when they show up unannounced, but I'm glad when they're gone for sure .
Heidi 12:13 PM 01-04-2012
Yay!!!

Did you baby scream the whole time?
sahm2three 12:17 PM 01-04-2012
Originally Posted by bbo:
Yay!!!

Did you baby scream the whole time?
Would you believe that he was completely quiet and serene the whole time he was here?! It was crazy! I am thanking the Lord for sure! It was my first inspection, so made me nervous. It was quite long. Took over an hour. We only need to update a couple shot records (ones I have asked for from the parents before). That was the only blemish we had! He said that we wouldn't believe some of the issues that some daycares have. Crazy!
DaisyMamma 12:17 PM 01-04-2012
Excellent!
Meyou 12:26 PM 01-04-2012
Originally Posted by sahm2three:
Would you believe that he was completely quiet and serene the whole time he was here?! It was crazy! I am thanking the Lord for sure! It was my first inspection, so made me nervous. It was quite long. Took over an hour. We only need to update a couple shot records (ones I have asked for from the parents before). That was the only blemish we had! He said that we wouldn't believe some of the issues that some daycares have. Crazy!
You should ask him to come sit in the corner everyday so you get a crying break!

Congrats on a great inspection.
godiva83 12:49 PM 01-04-2012
Congrats always a relief when it is over - I know when the ministry used to come to my centre my staff and I were always on edge and they for some odd reason gave a notice, like we will be coming to your centre in the month of May.. Never totally unexpected.

What type of things do they look for?
sahm2three 01:01 PM 01-04-2012
Originally Posted by godiva83:
Congrats always a relief when it is over - I know when the ministry used to come to my centre my staff and I were always on edge and they for some odd reason gave a notice, like we will be coming to your centre in the month of May.. Never totally unexpected.

What type of things do they look for?
They checked sleeping areas, fridge temps, water temps, fire escapes and dates of drills, kids files, helpers files, training records, play areas, diaper changing areas, canister contents, working smoke alarms and placement of fire extinguishers, checked cleanliness of food prep areas. It took about an hour and a half. They also checked pet vaccinations, my kids vaccination records, etc. Also went over common sense type stuff (an adult must remain in the home with the kids at all times and remain concious, lol, and etc). It was just nerve wracking. Just because I didn't know what to expect.
meganlavonnesmommy 06:03 PM 01-04-2012
Awesome that you passed!

You said you're good for another couple years? How often are you inspected?

I'm inspected quarterly, so twice a year for local inspections, and twice a year for local and national inspections. It definately keeps me on my toes.
sahm2three 06:05 PM 01-04-2012
Originally Posted by meganlavonnesmommy:
Awesome that you passed!

You said you're good for another couple years? How often are you inspected?

I'm inspected quarterly, so twice a year for local inspections, and twice a year for local and national inspections. It definately keeps me on my toes.
We have state inspection every 2 years. One informal drop in inspection in between. Just to basically check numbers and ratios. We have 4 food program inspections a year as well that is reported to the state.
Tags:inspection, inspection - sunrise
Reply Up