Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>your day care office
sarah's butterflies 07:29 PM 08-24-2014
Does everyone have an office in their daycare room? I would like to know where do you have the parents interview? what papers do you keep at your office?what furniture do have? etc any pictures will be nice...how do you organize your office?. What supplies do you use?
midaycare 08:45 PM 08-24-2014
Originally Posted by sarah's butterflies:
Does everyone have an office in their daycare room? I do not. I don't even have adult sized chairs. I have 2 kid friendly fun chairs, 2 huge beanbags, and 6 really tiny chairs for kids.

I would like to know where do you have the parents interview? The parents interview on the floor, pretty much. They are welcome to a beanbag, or a kids' chair, but I sit on the floor, so ... I am showing them what my day looks like. If parents are uncomfortable, we can go upstairs and they can sit at the kit hen table.

what papers do you keep at your office?what furniture do have? etc any pictures will be nice.
I have a dresser stuck in the corner of the daycare. It has a lot of the supplies I might need in there. It also has all kinds of forms. ..how do you organize your office?. My dresser is organized is my fabulous unorganized way. I know where everything is, but no one else would. What supplies do you use?
I use mostly crayons. That's what's around me. Daily report sheets get filled out in pens, crayons, or markers. Whatever is easiest to grab. I don't need office type supplies, really. Just lots of craft materials.
Rachel 10:31 PM 08-24-2014
My daycare is in my living / dining room so I use the dining room table as the "office."

I have a couple of pencil cases where I keep sharpies, dry erase markers & pens.

I have the ikea trofast onthe wall (the one with the 6 small boxes) where I keep art supplies for the kids. One has my stuff in it.

I have a closet in the daycare room where I keep other supplies, and my paperwork is on a bookshelf.
originalkat 04:49 AM 08-25-2014
I have my little office area set up in a corner of my kitchen which is right off the daycare space. I took a pic this morning of what it looks like. The second picture is my view of the daycare area from my office area. I sit on a round stool while I am there and have a window that looks out to the driveway. I only keep necessary papers I use often in this spot. I keep daycare files in a small portable file box. Curriculum stuff is stored in a corner cabinet in the dining room.
office.jpg
daycare space.jpg
Attached:
Kimskiddos 05:52 AM 08-25-2014
My playroom is my converted garage. Dh put a couple sets of cabinets along one wall and built me this little desk.

I have my computer, printer and music on my desk. All my curriculum books are in the upper cabinet to the left and the extra dc books and games are in shelving above my desk. The drawers underneath hold kiddos spare clothes. I keep all my business files in a file cabinet that is in my dh's office in one of our spare rooms.

Looking at the picture, think it's time for a little organizing.

I conduct interview in my playroom, besides my chair I only have little person seating so if they need to sit (which is rare) it's the little chairs.
Attached: photo.jpg (97.3 KB) 
melilley 06:02 AM 08-25-2014
My "office" is a little file box that's tucked in a corner of my family room. My computer and printer are also in my family room on a bookcase.

My daycare room is my living room and is devoted to all things daycare. I conduct the interviews in there and we either sit at the child sized table, on the floor, or at my kitchen table. I show the parents they parts of my house that are used for daycare and the children either walk with us or I let them play in the playroom.
Blackcat31 07:55 AM 08-25-2014
Originally Posted by originalkat:
I have my little office area set up in a corner of my kitchen which is right off the daycare space. I took a pic this morning of what it looks like. The second picture is my view of the daycare area from my office area. I sit on a round stool while I am there and have a window that looks out to the driveway. I only keep necessary papers I use often in this spot. I keep daycare files in a small portable file box. Curriculum stuff is stored in a corner cabinet in the dining room.
Attachment 2881
Attachment 2882
Mine is very similar. ^^

Little office space set up in the main area.

ALL of the daycare is viewable from my office space.

As for papers that I keep there.... I keep ALL my paperwork there in a file box (files I need regular access to) or a file cabinet (paperwork I have to keep but don't need regularly).

I have a lap top that goes home with me every day. I take files that I am working on or may need over the weekend other wise everything stays in the file box on the counter or the file cabinet.
KiddieCahoots 12:01 PM 08-25-2014
My daycare is my living room that is an open concept/circular connected, to my dinning room and kitchen. I have a roll top desk in the dining room where I can see the kids at all times, with the computer, printer, files, cd's, my books on top, the works
I've had interviews in every room.....the dining room table, the kids kitchen/craft table, the living room. It all works.
spinnymarie 12:16 PM 08-25-2014
I took the top two shelves of a bookcase as my 'office'. I put my laptop on top, and there is the speakers, cd player, and several binders and a little bit of tape and pens. My printer is upstairs out of daycare. I have a glider nearby. That's really it.
sarah's butterflies 02:37 PM 08-25-2014
thank you all for the post, love the pictures it helps a lot.so I guess any space can be an office I don't need to stress the "office space".
AmyKidsCo 08:04 AM 08-26-2014
My laptop and 2 sets of small sterilite drawers are on the corner of the kitchen counter, which is open to the dining room, which is next to the play room. The drawer under the counter holds my To Do pile and paperwork, and the corner cupboard above has tape, scissors, etc. It's not much of an office space, but it works.
Tags:2014, advertisement
Reply Up