Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Considering Buying Preschool - Ideas Needed
am3xoxo 10:54 AM 06-24-2020
I've recently been given the opportunity to rent a licensed, empty daycare @ $1000/month. I have worked in home preschools, daycare centers, nannied, been a mom, really all I haven't done is opened my own place.

However, there is a TON of competition in my area. I would like to do preschool 8:30-3:30 @ a higher rate then daycare, which will automatically turn a lot of people away. But I've worked in FULL places that do just that and charge just that so I know it's possible.

Any tips or ideas on ways to set myself apart from the competition?? This would be me and 10 kiddos over age 2. It's already fully furnished with toys and everything, so I feel Montessori/Waldorf type care is out as I would have to remove hundreds of plastic toys...
Blackcat31 11:43 AM 06-24-2020
Originally Posted by am3xoxo:
I've recently been given the opportunity to rent a licensed, empty daycare @ $1000/month. I have worked in home preschools, daycare centers, nannied, been a mom, really all I haven't done is opened my own place.

However, there is a TON of competition in my area. I would like to do preschool 8:30-3:30 @ a higher rate then daycare, which will automatically turn a lot of people away. But I've worked in FULL places that do just that and charge just that so I know it's possible.

Any tips or ideas on ways to set myself apart from the competition?? This would be me and 10 kiddos over age 2. It's already fully furnished with toys and everything, so I feel Montessori/Waldorf type care is out as I would have to remove hundreds of plastic toys...
What do those places offer that keeps them full and/or sets them aside from others?
am3xoxo 05:15 PM 06-24-2020
Some of them are Montessori or Waldorf schools. They don't have plastic toys, it's all wood natural etc. I like the idea but this place is absolutely full of stuff, it's not cost effective for me to remove everything. Other then that preschools in my area seem to stay full because of reputation. I'm trying to brainstorm ideas that set me apart initially so I can build up more of a reputation.
Cat Herder 05:01 AM 06-26-2020
What is your training and qualifications? What certifications do you hold?
Tags:business management, competition, ethics, qualifications, rent, start a daycare, start a daycare business, starting a child care, training courses
Reply Up