Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 03-13-2010, 07:22 PM
Daycare.com Member

Question Will I Be Able to Pass my Fire Inspection in KS?

I will soon have the fire dept. over to my in home daycare to see if I pass the safety inspection before they will consider me a registered daycare provider in Kansas. My daycare is in an apartment complex that's on the second floor though so I don't know if I will pass. The apartments have been built within the past five years, have smoke detectors in each room and an automatic sprinkler system. We have an entrance door to get out of that leads to stairs to your left or right to go down in case of emergency/fire. We also have a door that leads to our porch... but since it's on the second floor it's obviously pointless when there's a fire. So, will I be able to pass according to Kansas laws? If you know please let me know I'm kind of worried about this!
Old 03-13-2010, 09:29 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

You might want to read your lease. According to ours, we are not allowed to run home businesses that accept clients etc..such as a childcare business.
Old 03-13-2010, 10:43 PM
Daycare.com Member

I have read it and it doesn't mention anything about businesses or anything of that nature. And so I figure if it's not stated in the lease then I don't see where I could get into trouble.
Old 03-14-2010, 07:27 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpa0627 View Post
I have read it and it doesn't mention anything about businesses or anything of that nature. And so I figure if it's not stated in the lease then I don't see where I could get into trouble.
Ok good luck with the fire inspector then!

Tags
fire inspection, kansas