Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Daycare and Taxes

Daycare and Taxes All things related to Taxes and running a Daycare post here. Topics of tax exemptions, forms, filings, tax write offs, IRS etc.

Old 02-28-2011, 10:06 AM
Unregistered

Exclamation Can I Start A Home Daycare When I Rent My Home

i am very interested in starting my own home daycare however i am not to sure if i can being as though i rent and do not own my home...is it possible to open a home daycare when your renting? are there any other options i could really use some advice.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:31 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Moderator

not sure what state that you are in, however, in my state of ca, the landlord cannot deny you the right to have a DC in your house for a small license. They can deny you for a large license.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:38 AM

Each state has their own regulations in this area. Check with them and check with your landlord.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:50 AM
Unregistered

thanxs so much and btw i live in the state of maryland and i have been checking but have seen anything in the regulations about renting a home and doing a family daycare but i will continue my search thanx
Old 03-02-2011, 10:07 AM
Daycare.com Member

I am in MD. I'm pretty sure you can as long as you get an agreement from the landlord. Call the child care office of your county to double check.

http://www.marylandpublicschools.org...25%3E%25%25%3E
Old 03-04-2011, 01:07 PM
Daycare.com Member

Check your particular town also. Some towns around here (not MD) have their own licensing requirements.
Old 03-05-2011, 08:11 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

I'm in Arkansas and rent. My landlord has set a limit on the amount of kids I can have.

Tags
daycare in rental, rental