Forum DAB Hand Sanitizer HiMama Childcare App

Go Back Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2011, 10:12 AM
littlemommy's Avatar
littlemommy littlemommy is offline Member
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 568
Default Subsidy Question

I have a single mother, who is a full-time student and not working. She just qualified for state aid and I have agreed to do the paperwork to get certified. I am licensed in the state of Nebraska.

How do I know if it is legal in my state to ask for the mother to pay for holidays, sick days, and days off, since I will be paid thru the state? In my contract, I allow 7 unpaid vacation days that they can use whenever they want. My mother, who did daycare for 15 years, said it is illegal in NE to charge families extra. It would be nice to be paid for the days she doesn't have class because I am holding a FT infant spot!!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 10:21 AM
MarinaVanessa's Avatar
MarinaVanessa MarinaVanessa is offline
Family Childcare Home
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ventura County, CA
Posts: 7,200

I would call the office that handles the subsidy program she is (or will be) on and ask them. I'm in CA (so it may be different) and I showed the subsidy worker a copy of my policies and contract that says that I charge weekly whether they come or not so when my one client on subsidy keeps DCG home due to sickness or if I close because of my holidays I still get the full weeks payment.
Daycare Ninja, CA
Helping Hands Childcare
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 10:34 AM
SimpleMom's Avatar
SimpleMom SimpleMom is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 590

I would call the office as well. They should send the information to you with the application anyway. Here, we can charge if we choose to do so. We don't get full reimbursment, but can request the family pay the difference.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 11:07 AM
MyAngels's Avatar
MyAngels MyAngels is online now
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,003

In my state we cannot charge subsidy families more than we charge private pay families, but can charge for holidays, vacation, etc. if we charge everyone the same rate. My state will reimburse for all eligible days (this includes holidays) as long as the child attends 80% of the time, if attendance drops below 80% then I would be paid for only the days used.
Reply With Quote

single mom excuse, subsidy

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dumbest Question Of The Year.... Countrygal Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 14 09-01-2012 06:08 AM
Elimintating Subsidy melissa ann Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 3 06-12-2010 03:14 PM
Subsidy Issue melissa ann Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 12 05-20-2010 06:04 PM
Re-writing My Handbook/Contract - Subsidy DUM DUM DUMMM! MarinaVanessa Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 2 04-16-2010 05:29 PM
Lost My Subsidy - What would you do? ConcernedMother Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 9 10-29-2009 07:51 AM

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:06 AM.         Find A Daycare         List Your Daycare         Toys & Products                 About Us
Please read our Disclaimer before continuing.

Topics pertain mainly to the following States:

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming