Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>The Chatty Mom
sahm2three 01:42 PM 06-29-2011
I have a dcm who thinks that I need to know everything that baby has done since I last saw them (the evening before at pick up time). I would say she stays 10 minutes at each drop off and pick up. I have done everything but flat out tell her to leave! I have just gone about my business as she talks from the entry way, and let her see just how busy I am. I feel like an ogre because I so wish she would just drop off and then pick up and just ask questions she needs to know (how did she eat, did she poop, etc). I don't know whether I am just still feeling a bit antisocial with our recent loss or because many of the kids are going thru icky phases, or whether this is really bugging me. Ugh. It has been a ROUGH week. I am ready for the 3 day weekend!
CheekyChick 02:10 PM 06-29-2011
I feel for you... I have parents who pick up a the door and others who come in for a half hour to chat. Both ways are fine with me because I have an assistant to help with the kids when parents want to chat. If I didn't have an assistant, I probably wouldn't be so open to daily, 30 minute visits.
meganlavonnesmommy 03:48 AM 06-30-2011
UGH, I loathe chatty parents. Pick up and drop off is always my busiest times of the day, and I dont have time to chat.
In the past I've used a communication journal. A small book that you can both write in. It can go back and forth with the parent so they can write the info in it that they want you to know, and then just hand it to you when they drop off. You can do the same at pick up, write about their day, and mom can take it home.
Just politely explain to mom that its a busy time of day, and you know she is anxious to get home, so you thought the journal would work better.
I know its a pain to write things down, and mom will probably write more info in there than you need. But from a paranoid parent perspective, it could be a fast/easy way for them to feel better about getting you the info they "think" you need. :-)
familyschoolcare 07:48 AM 06-30-2011
You could say I have decided that I am not comfortable talking about a child in detail in front of other children and parents as the children hear and understand what is being said
Tags:lingering parents
Reply Up