Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Awesome Craigslist find!
SilverSabre25 05:40 PM 07-17-2011
Last Wednesday I was watching 4 kiddos play happily with our set of wood unit blocks for about 45 minutes. I could tell that there just are not enough blocks for four kids to plat satisfactorily at once, and decided to check Craigslist for ads for blocks. I've looked many times and never found any so my hopes were low.

Lo and behold, there were not one, but TWO sets being offered! One was a set of the Melissa and Doug unit blocks (we have that one already) for only $20 (it retails for $70 new) and another was a big Rubbermaid tub of old blocks for $55. In fact, the tub looks like the ones my family had when I was little.

I couldn't believe it when I got not one, but BOTH sets!! The M&D ones had been posted just the day before, but the big set had been posted two weeks ago!

I can't WAIT to watch the kids dive into our newly enlarged awesome collection of blocks!!! Actually, I can't wait to play with them myself...

Check 'em out:
Attached: blocks.jpg (8.2 KB) blocks2.jpg (22.2 KB) 
Zoe 05:43 PM 07-17-2011
Score! It's so fun when you are able to get that stuff!
MarinaVanessa 09:44 AM 07-18-2011
Yep, I love CL. I got two barrels and a small cardboard box filled to the brim with lincoln logs for $20 a few months back, free wooden puzzles and free books.
KEG123 09:46 AM 07-18-2011
Oh fun! We loveeee blocks here!
dEHmom 09:51 AM 07-18-2011
lincoln logs are ridiculously hard to find around here. we stopped at a garage sale one day, and there was a set in a cylindar original package! for $2.00!!! The lady was so happy we bought them. She said 1000's of people walked right past them, not one even looked at them. I likely wouldn't have either if we hadn't gotten a set for xmas because I wouldn't have known what they were. But wow!
MG&Lsmom 04:13 PM 07-18-2011
I wish my kids were into blocks, or more into building rather than throwing them .

Nice score tho!
nannyde 04:39 PM 07-18-2011
Originally Posted by dEHmom:
lincoln logs are ridiculously hard to find around here. we stopped at a garage sale one day, and there was a set in a cylindar original package! for $2.00!!! The lady was so happy we bought them. She said 1000's of people walked right past them, not one even looked at them. I likely wouldn't have either if we hadn't gotten a set for xmas because I wouldn't have known what they were. But wow!
I love Lincoln Logs

My passion is finding the 11 inch sticks (the ones with four notches) I buy lots off of ebay just for the 11 inch sticks and then give away the rest. You can always tell when a set has five/six of them it's way higher than the ones that don't have any or one or two.

When I sell my sets I'm going to spare the buyers the misery and just sell the sticks one by one.

I think Blackcat has some eleven inch sticks that she won't let me have. IIRC
Tags:blocks, wooden blocks
Reply Up