Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>0 to 7 in 3 Days
morgan24 07:38 AM 09-06-2011
Thanks to marinavanessa, she sent me a copy of her flyer, it gave me some great ideas, posted it last week around town and now I have 7 kids. They are all part time which I don't mind because I have Wednesday & Fridays off. I would like to get a couple full time to round out the group. It had been over a year since I had any calls, hopefully they will keep coming.
PitterPatter 07:49 AM 09-06-2011
Originally Posted by morgan24:
Thanks to marinavanessa, she sent me a copy of her flyer, it gave me some great ideas, posted it last week around town and now I have 7 kids. They are all part time which I don't mind because I have Wednesday & Fridays off. I would like to get a couple full time to round out the group. It had been over a year since I had any calls, hopefully they will keep coming.
WOW congrats to u! Hope they all work out well!

That must be a magical flyer, tell me the secret so I can make one please?
mickey2 07:52 AM 09-06-2011
Nice!! Good for you!
sharlan 07:55 AM 09-06-2011
That's great!
godiva83 07:57 AM 09-06-2011
Congrats, and thank goodness for this board
I would love to see this 'magical' flyer also
daycare 10:01 AM 09-06-2011
ditto! I would love to see the flyer too!
Sugar Magnolia 10:04 AM 09-06-2011
That's just awesome! Thanks to MV for helping you out!!
dEHmom 10:09 AM 09-06-2011
I'm dying for some clients! If anyone would like to share this flyer I'd love to see it!
rysakaem1 10:45 AM 09-06-2011
I'd love to see the flyer too!!!! I haven't had any calls in weeks and have two spots to fill.
WImom 10:50 AM 09-06-2011
That's great. I just have one spot to fill but it's been two month with not one interview. I'd love to see the flyer too.
pixsydust 11:05 AM 09-06-2011
Originally Posted by dEHmom:
I'm dying for some clients! If anyone would like to share this flyer I'd love to see it!
I'm down to only one DCK now and after his adoption is finalized I will be losing him as well. I would love to see this flyer as well! I need some more clients asap.
beachgrl 12:55 PM 09-06-2011
I would love to get in on this too, I was going to work on a flyer design this week because I had a business that offered to put one up in there office area and they get quite a bit off traffic from people in the same area I live in. What type places did you put up your flyer and were people receptive to letting you post it ? That's awesome...I would love to go from one pt to several pt or ft's
morgan24 03:34 PM 09-06-2011
I put them up on advertising boards outside all the businesses, the library and I called the school secretary. Marinavanessa pm'd me the flyer. I bet she will send it to anyone interested. I was having a hard time coming up with something and I took some ideas from her.
Crazy8 04:29 PM 09-06-2011
Congrats!!! 7 kids is amazing!! I'd love to see your flyer too - but I think the key is to where it was posted. I don't find many places near me that you can post at - even one of the grocery stores near by took their board down.

Good luck with your new crew!!!!
momofthree 04:27 AM 09-07-2011
I will love to see a copy of the flyer. I need to be full
Rachel 05:40 AM 09-07-2011
I'd love one too!
DaisyMamma 12:25 PM 09-07-2011
Me too! I want in on this magical flyer! Where did you post it?
beachgrl 12:30 PM 09-07-2011
I created a trial one today using the eBay kijji thing and am going to put some out this afternoon! I still want to see how she did hers to see what was included.
morgan24 05:46 AM 09-08-2011
She pm'd me her flyer and I don't know how to put mine on here. Maybe she will put it on here so everyone can see. She had a small envelope in the corner with business cards in it. I added a couple of pictures to mine one with my playroom and one with the outside play yard. Then put everything that I offered on there. I also put an ad on craigslist and one in the local paper. I mentioned to everyone I knew that I had openings. I spent the last month marketing myself to anyone and everyone I could think of.
MG&Lsmom 09:34 AM 09-08-2011
That is awesome! Good luck with your new group!
MyAngels 03:14 PM 09-08-2011
Originally Posted by morgan24:
She pm'd me her flyer and I don't know how to put mine on here. Maybe she will put it on here so everyone can see. She had a small envelope in the corner with business cards in it. I added a couple of pictures to mine one with my playroom and one with the outside play yard. Then put everything that I offered on there. I also put an ad on craigslist and one in the local paper. I mentioned to everyone I knew that I had openings. I spent the last month marketing myself to anyone and everyone I could think of.
I'll bet the flyer is wonderful, but I would imagine your success had as much to do with this as it did the flyer . Glad to hear things are going well for you!
tbutler 09:52 PM 09-08-2011
MV is always there to help and will offer to PM you ideas without hesitation. Congratulations and I hope you have continued success.
MarinaVanessa 11:00 PM 09-12-2011
I'm BACK!! I missed you all lol. I'm glad it all worked out for you. I think it's great that you got full! I finally got back to all of you that PM'd me for the link to the flyer. Hope it helps you all as well as it did for Morgan

Keep in mind that the flyer in my link is on white paper but I always print it on bright colored bold paper and the library card pockets are also bold bright colors that I stick on (the pockets and the flyer color should be different to stand out). Put business cards in your pocket and VOAHLAH!!
MarinaVanessa 04:40 PM 10-14-2013
This is an old thread but over the years I've had other providers message me to see the flyer that was talked about in this thread so I thought I would post a link to a scan of one for others that search the threads for advertising ideas.

When I make the flyers I print them on colored paper (the example I had made was quickly printed on white just so I could post it quickly back in 2011) and the pockets are library book pockets. I bought mine at Lakeshore Learning but you can get them at other teacher supply stores too. I used Photoshop to make the fliers but with the most recent Words upgrades and all nifty things you can do now you can easily make a flyer like this with word. The fonts were all downloaded for free.

Sample Flyer
Attached: flyer.jpg (55.4 KB) 
cheerfuldom 04:44 PM 10-14-2013
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
This is an old thread but over the years I've had other providers message me to see the flyer that was talked about in this thread so I thought I would post a link to a scan of one for others that search the threads for advertising ideas.

When I make the flyers I print them on colored paper (the example I had made was quickly printed on white just so I could post it quickly back in 2011) and the pockets are library book pockets. I bought mine at Lakeshore Learning but you can get them at other teacher supply stores too. I used Photoshop to make the fliers but with the most recent Words upgrades and all nifty things you can do now you can easily make a flyer like this with word. The fonts were all downloaded for free.

Sample Flyer
Where are all the places you hang your flyer? I have a heck of time finding anywhere in my town that allows flyers to be hung. There used to be many places but not so much anymore.
MarinaVanessa 04:58 PM 10-14-2013
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
Where are all the places you hang your flyer? I have a heck of time finding anywhere in my town that allows flyers to be hung. There used to be many places but not so much anymore.
I hung some at a gasoline station, a few laundromats (they usually have a bulletin board that anyone can hang advertisements on), I left a few at my local community college because it's pretty close to where I live (I had to submit it and have it approved through the college first but hanging it was free), I left one to hang in the office of two elementary schools nearest me, I asked my pediatrician and dentist office if I could leave one and they both agreed (I have a good relationship with them, I donate books that I buy from thrift stores to both offices but I cheat and add labels inside the books with my contact info. I also ask for 6 grab bags from the dentist twice a year when we do dental hygiene at daycare. The grab bags have dental stuff for the children and the toothbrush has the dentist's name and address on it and he puts a business card in it, it's a trade off). You can check your city ordinances and see if your city will let you post flyers at nearby parks where they have playgrounds.
missy 04:58 PM 10-14-2013
Awesome, congrats!!!!
TwinKristi 05:07 PM 10-14-2013
Great idea! Thanks for sharing!!
KidGrind 05:40 PM 10-14-2013
I appreciate you sharing the flyer. I used it as inspiration for my flyer. I am excited about getting it out there!

TheGoodLife 08:15 PM 10-14-2013
So cute, thanks for sharing!
butterflygirl 11:10 PM 10-14-2013
Those library pockets are seriously brilliant!
spinnymarie 08:31 AM 10-15-2013
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
I have a good relationship with them, I donate books that I buy from thrift stores to both offices but I cheat and add labels inside the books with my contact info. I also ask for 6 grab bags from the dentist twice a year when we do dental hygiene at daycare. The grab bags have dental stuff for the children and the toothbrush has the dentist's name and address on it and he puts a business card in it, it's a trade off). .
This is an amazingly fabulous idea!
FCCarmyprovider 08:55 AM 03-11-2014
Originally Posted by MV:
I'm BACK!! I missed you all lol. I'm glad it all worked out for you. I think it's great that you got full! I finally got back to all of you that PM'd me for the link to the flyer. Hope it helps you all as well as it did for Morgan

Keep in mind that the flyer in my link is on white paper but I always print it on bright colored bold paper and the library card pockets are also bold bright colors that I stick on (the pockets and the flyer color should be different to stand out). Put business cards in your pocket and VOAHLAH!!
Could I also please get a copy of this magic flyer? Im opening back up in two weeks and need something catching to draw in parents.
Blackcat31 08:56 AM 03-11-2014
Originally Posted by FCCarmyprovider:
Could I also please get a copy of this magic flyer? Im opening back up in two weeks and need something catching to draw in parents.
An example of her flyer is posted in post #24 just a couple above yours....
Second Home 09:13 AM 03-11-2014
Check at you local mom & pop independent stores . Most small businesses like to help other small businesses out .
Starburst 05:01 PM 03-11-2014
Originally Posted by MV:

Sample Flyer
Thanx! I will be opening up soon in a new state, so this is very helpful! Maybe you should do one of those daycare marketing websites, I bet you can make a lot of money giving advice and web seminars!
Tags:advertising ideas, flyers, marketing ideas, positive
Reply Up