Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-22-2011, 01:17 PM
beachgrl's Avatar
beachgrl beachgrl is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: where the waves crash..in my time off at least
Posts: 554
Default Claiming A Loss For This Year

Has anyone ever paid to be a vendor at a festival and done a table or booth to get the word out about their childcare center? We have a car show and festival with kids activities coming up that nit costs $50 for a spot and you have to be there for about 6.5 hours so idk that it would be the best way to get the word out..I have thought about flyers on peoplesncars but I'm not that crazy about messing w peoples cars to do that one necessarily..
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-22-2011, 08:24 PM
Michael's Avatar
Michael Michael is online now
Admin & Owner-Daycare.com
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Moorpark CA, Ocean Ridge, FL
Posts: 6,740
Default

I'll post you for free on our Daycare.com registry since you have over 100 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-23-2011, 07:42 AM
Holladee's Avatar
Holladee Holladee is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 36
Default

I've never done it, but I think it would be a great way to get the word out.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-23-2011, 07:53 AM
wdmmom wdmmom is offline
Advanced Daycare.com
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: WDM, IA
Posts: 2,669
Default

If you aren't wanting to spend any money to advertise, try Craigslist.

If you can afford a little for advertising, VistaPrint makes yard signs. Contact your local newspaper. Or make your own flyers and put your name and info on grocery store bulletin boards.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-23-2011, 04:09 PM
beachgrl's Avatar
beachgrl beachgrl is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: where the waves crash..in my time off at least
Posts: 554
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachgrl View Post
Has anyone ever paid to be a vendor at a festival and done a table or booth to get the word out about their childcare center? We have a car show and festival with kids activities coming up that nit costs $50 for a spot and you have to be there for about 6.5 hours so idk that it would be the best way to get the word out..I have thought about flyers on peoplesncars but I'm not that crazy about messing w peoples cars to do that one necessarily..
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmmom View Post
If you aren't wanting to spend any money to advertise, try Craigslist.

If you can afford a little for advertising, VistaPrint makes yard signs. Contact your local newspaper. Or make your own flyers and put your name and info on grocery store bulletin boards.
I've done all but the sign and newspaper, I really wanted a sign but then others on here mentioned that it advertises a woman home w small kids so now idk if i want to do that but still thinking about it bc we live off a very busy road many people travel to go to work in our town and a larger city too.

I got flyers out the few places I could find and am going to lower my rates with a new cl add.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-23-2011, 04:11 PM
beachgrl's Avatar
beachgrl beachgrl is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: where the waves crash..in my time off at least
Posts: 554
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
I'll post you for free on our Daycare.com registry since you have over 100 posts.
Thanks so much! I replied to your pm with my info so let me know if I forgot anything! Idk why is says claiming a loss for this year as the subject, I did not put thatnin the post,weird..
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-23-2011, 04:12 PM
beachgrl's Avatar
beachgrl beachgrl is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: where the waves crash..in my time off at least
Posts: 554
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holladee View Post
I've never done it, but I think it would be a great way to get the word out.

Good luck!
Thanks, I decided not to domit at this one but Maybe next time..I didnt decide in time to register and this weekend is super busy so oh well lol
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-23-2011, 07:54 PM
daycare's Avatar
daycare daycare is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Mars
Posts: 16,021
Default

Last year our city had a huge event and the booths were very expensive so I hired my teenagers and two of their friends to pass out fliers firefly to families with kids.
No one said anything and it cost me $75.00 plus flier cost. They were done in an hour.
I got 7 calls and 3 clients out of it. So it was worth it for me.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-24-2011, 06:04 PM
beachgrl's Avatar
beachgrl beachgrl is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: where the waves crash..in my time off at least
Posts: 554
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daycare View Post
Last year our city had a huge event and the booths were very expensive so I hired my teenagers and two of their friends to pass out fliers firefly to families with kids.
No one said anything and it cost me $75.00 plus flier cost. They were done in an hour.
I got 7 calls and 3 clients out of it. So it was worth it for me.
Well it ended up being rainy so guess it worked out, but that's a good idea..we have a festival coming up again in a couple weeks but it's in the actual city so I may try seeing what the next event in our town is, that's a great idea. I know a cpl teens who arent shy and would prolly do something like that
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
advertising

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Toilet Trained to Move into the 3 Year Old Room? Cindy Parents and Guardians Forum 28 12-11-2014 04:23 AM
Showing A Loss Each Year Unregistered Daycare and Taxes 6 02-02-2011 02:19 PM
Loss vs Refund TSDaycare Daycare and Taxes 4 01-26-2011 08:45 AM
Tom - Moved Mid Year Claiming Both Properties? Zoe Daycare and Taxes 2 01-24-2011 06:32 AM
Is it Legal to Charge for Full Year When Leaving a Program with Notice? Unregistered Parents and Guardians Forum 7 01-21-2010 09:11 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:18 PM.



Daycare.com         Find A Daycare         List Your Daycare         Toys & Products                 About Us

Daycare.com
Please read our Disclaimer before continuing.

Topics pertain mainly to the following States:

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming