Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 09-22-2011, 01:17 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default Claiming A Loss For This Year

Has anyone ever paid to be a vendor at a festival and done a table or booth to get the word out about their childcare center? We have a car show and festival with kids activities coming up that nit costs $50 for a spot and you have to be there for about 6.5 hours so idk that it would be the best way to get the word out..I have thought about flyers on peoplesncars but I'm not that crazy about messing w peoples cars to do that one necessarily..
Old 09-22-2011, 08:24 PM
Admin & Owner-Daycare.com

I'll post you for free on our Daycare.com registry since you have over 100 posts.
Old 09-23-2011, 07:42 AM
Daycare.com Member

I've never done it, but I think it would be a great way to get the word out.

Good luck!
Old 09-23-2011, 07:53 AM
Advanced Daycare.com

If you aren't wanting to spend any money to advertise, try Craigslist.

If you can afford a little for advertising, VistaPrint makes yard signs. Contact your local newspaper. Or make your own flyers and put your name and info on grocery store bulletin boards.
Old 09-23-2011, 04:09 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachgrl View Post
Has anyone ever paid to be a vendor at a festival and done a table or booth to get the word out about their childcare center? We have a car show and festival with kids activities coming up that nit costs $50 for a spot and you have to be there for about 6.5 hours so idk that it would be the best way to get the word out..I have thought about flyers on peoplesncars but I'm not that crazy about messing w peoples cars to do that one necessarily..
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmmom View Post
If you aren't wanting to spend any money to advertise, try Craigslist.

If you can afford a little for advertising, VistaPrint makes yard signs. Contact your local newspaper. Or make your own flyers and put your name and info on grocery store bulletin boards.
I've done all but the sign and newspaper, I really wanted a sign but then others on here mentioned that it advertises a woman home w small kids so now idk if i want to do that but still thinking about it bc we live off a very busy road many people travel to go to work in our town and a larger city too.

I got flyers out the few places I could find and am going to lower my rates with a new cl add.
Old 09-23-2011, 04:11 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
I'll post you for free on our Daycare.com registry since you have over 100 posts.
Thanks so much! I replied to your pm with my info so let me know if I forgot anything! Idk why is says claiming a loss for this year as the subject, I did not put thatnin the post,weird..
Old 09-23-2011, 04:12 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holladee View Post
I've never done it, but I think it would be a great way to get the word out.

Good luck!
Thanks, I decided not to domit at this one but Maybe next time..I didnt decide in time to register and this weekend is super busy so oh well lol
Old 09-23-2011, 07:54 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Moderator

Last year our city had a huge event and the booths were very expensive so I hired my teenagers and two of their friends to pass out fliers firefly to families with kids.
No one said anything and it cost me $75.00 plus flier cost. They were done in an hour.
I got 7 calls and 3 clients out of it. So it was worth it for me.
Old 09-24-2011, 06:04 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daycare View Post
Last year our city had a huge event and the booths were very expensive so I hired my teenagers and two of their friends to pass out fliers firefly to families with kids.
No one said anything and it cost me $75.00 plus flier cost. They were done in an hour.
I got 7 calls and 3 clients out of it. So it was worth it for me.
Well it ended up being rainy so guess it worked out, but that's a good idea..we have a festival coming up again in a couple weeks but it's in the actual city so I may try seeing what the next event in our town is, that's a great idea. I know a cpl teens who arent shy and would prolly do something like that

Tags
advertising