Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 10-05-2011, 12:09 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Default Advertising

I just bought a bunch of stuff at Vista Print. I even bought a banner to hang on the playset in the backyard. The city may make me take it down, but if they do, I'll just hang it up on the weekends when code enforcement isn't out. I know of several other daycares that have signs in their front yards, so we'll see.

My next step is to set up a website, but really not sure how to go about that. Vista Print has one that's $10 a mo, but not sure what to do there.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:18 PM

go to freewebs.com

Thats who I use, at least get a basic website started. I am sure there are other websites out there, this one I can hold alot of tabs and drop down menus. IF you want to see my website just PM me. Thanks and good luck!
Old 10-05-2011, 12:27 PM
Daycare.com Member

I love Vistaprint. I got all my business cards, magnets, stickers and paper pads there. You know whats cool about that site that you can do for free ... I made a business card that turned out super cute on the website using that option to build it on there, and then when I was done, I copied & saved the picture of it in my Mac (by using "command+shift+4") instead of ordering it... And now I use that picture in some of my ads on Craigslist and other sites. It turned out really cute and it was a sneaky free way to make a cool ad.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:37 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Moderator

I started out using YOLA, they offer free websites, but then it did not offer what i wanted it to, so I ended up paying for it. It was not that expensive. I also bought the domain name. Which I was not too happy that the name I really wanted was not up for grabs, but I will still able to get a name and use it on everything that I advertise with.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:40 PM

I have my website on webs.com it was free and so easy to use!!
The downfall is it runs adds and your address is www.(name).webs.com
I recently won the contest with google apps and part of it had to buy a domain name
For $10 ( I think worth it ) I now own my daycaresname.com so I am guessing when ppl google I will come up.

I am going to check out vista print I have heard you guys speak a lot about it ) I want to get some B.Cards so I can sneak them out at Halloween
Old 10-05-2011, 12:42 PM

$10 per month seems a little steep IMO

For example I bought a domain with google for $10 and I get a homepage/website
Old 10-05-2011, 12:42 PM

I'm positive that the name I want to use is available. I'm just not computer savy. I make my daughter do everything for me.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:46 PM

I bought new business cards as I forgot to put my license # on my other ones.

I also got some free address labels that I plan to put on snack size baggies of candy at Halloween. My daughter gets tons of kids at her house.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:46 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharlan View Post
I'm positive that the name I want to use is available. I'm just not computer savy. I make my daughter do everything for me.
believe me when I tell you I am horrible with computers. I can hardly use this form very well....lol

I made my entire site by myself..... it took a long time, but I was able to do what I wanted it to do. I am not crazy about my website, but for now it does its job
Old 10-05-2011, 01:07 PM
Daycare.com Member

I like the idea of doing the labels for the candy at halloween, we got a few trick or treaters last year so I hope we get more this time if we will be home to give out candy, that all depends on what is going on with our kids/ex's and when we have them, etc.

As far as vistaprint...they keep me ordering stuff. I got free business cards the first time around, then I ordered two lawn signs and an extra set of business cards bc I almost went through the others since I ordered them, plus the first time I just did a generic one they had on there and the second time I catered the cards to what I wanted based on what I put on my signs. I had already ordered car signs from another company and after I did the lawn signs and cards, they sent me a deal to do free item so I did new car signs to match my lawn signs and business cards so they are all the same! I also got a tshirt at the same time.

My lawn sign came yesterday and I put it out hoping to get some calls from that, my new car signs and tshirt should be here any day now too!

I have to stay away from vista print because they just keep giving you more discounts and coupons the more your order from them lol
Old 10-05-2011, 01:10 PM

75% of what I ordered was free. I take all the freebies they want to give.

Tags
advertising, advertising - low budget