Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Parents and Guardians Forum

Parents and Guardians Forum Parents and Guardians should post and answer questions here.

Old 10-20-2011, 01:44 PM
Unregistered

Default 2 Week Notice

our family care lady and I recently had some issues. so i want to pull my son out. if i give 2 week notice, i dont really trust her to treat my son nicely in the last 2 weeks. i was thinking to give her a one week notice but my son would not go for the last week. we paid a 1 week deposit at the beginning. it should cover the last week. basically, we'll lose the deposit. is that ok?
Old 10-20-2011, 01:48 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

What does it say about the deposit? Is it applied to last week of 2 week notice or of daycare? if so then that should be ok.

Otherwise I think a 2 week payment paid when you give two week notice. Will she know why you are pulling your child because of the issues and that is why you dont trust her?
Old 10-20-2011, 02:19 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilrugrats View Post
What does it say about the deposit? Is it applied to last week of 2 week notice or of daycare? if so then that should be ok.

Otherwise I think a 2 week payment paid when you give two week notice. Will she know why you are pulling your child because of the issues and that is why you dont trust her?
the deposit is only for a week, but the contract requires 2 week notice. I'm planning to lose deposit, but I don't want to pay for another week. She will definitely know why we are quitting. That is why I don't trust her and her husband, who helps in the morning.
Old 10-20-2011, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilrugrats View Post

That is almost word for word what I was going to say.
Old 10-20-2011, 06:02 PM

If the contract requires two weeks paid notice, and you signed the contract, you're required to pay for the other week. If it doesn't say "paid notice", then you're probably ok with using the deposit for the last week.

Sorry you had a bad experience.
Old 11-13-2011, 03:17 PM
Unregistered

Smile how

how old are your children? and how many of them do you have?
Old 11-13-2011, 03:31 PM
Suzanna

Default is...

is it a boy or a girl? how old? behavior problems? call me at 910-339-8074 i charge $5 a day i do NOT babysit at night during week day during week days i can babysit from 3:40-6:30
Old 11-13-2011, 03:37 PM
Admin & Owner-Daycare.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanna View Post
is it a boy or a girl? how old? behavior problems? call me at 910-339-8074 i charge $5 a day i do NOT babysit at night during week day during week days i can babysit from 3:40-6:30
A couple of things...... This thread was posted on 10-20-2011 by an unregistered visitor. $5 a day? That is $25 for five days?!? How do you know where they live? They could be on the other side of the country for all you know. I don't think leaving your phone number on a public forum is wise. Suggest you register here and use our Private Messaging for personal information.
Old 11-15-2011, 11:22 AM
Daycare.com Member

Unfortunately, if you have signed the contract that states you will provide the provider with 2 weeks notice (or payment in lieu of) your kind of stuck and will have to pay for that second week.
What type of disagreement was it? Was it something that can be discussed and sorted out between responsible adults? It would be a shame to pull your child(ren) out of daycare if they enjoy it there just because you two had a disagreement.
Good luck!!

Tags
2 week notice, two week notice