Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Book Club - Reviews / Suggestions

Book Club - Reviews / Suggestions What books and stories do you like best. Reviews are welcome.

Old 10-21-2011, 09:43 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Default Left Behind

Anyone into this series of novels? Its written by Jerry Jenkins. Ten years ago there was a big message board forum based off the books. Its actually how i met my wife too.... online in two different states. Anyway its a cool series just wondering if anyone else has read it
Acts 13:22
Old 10-21-2011, 10:51 PM
Admin & Owner-Daycare.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave4him View Post
Anyone into this series of novels? Its written by Jerry Jenkins. Ten years ago there was a big message board forum based off the books. Its actually how i met my wife too.... online in two different states. Anyway its a cool series just wondering if anyone else has read it
You met you wife online? Wow, very cool.
Old 10-22-2011, 06:59 AM

Yes indeed. We were both random people logged into the message board talking about the book series and other topics much like this board. People from all over the country and world.
Old 10-22-2011, 08:33 AM

Loved that series!!! MY kids both read the kid version. I have all the books still and have read them twice.

I did watch the movie but as always, the movie is such a disappointment compared to the book.
Old 10-22-2011, 06:13 PM

Me and my oldest DD read them way back when and loved them! They are different theologically than what we believe, but we still enjoyed them and thought we learned a lot from them. I remember the waiting was so hard for the next one to come out!
Old 10-22-2011, 06:28 PM

I never liked the kid versions as much
Old 10-24-2011, 09:09 AM

I just bought the whole series in paperback to resell online. I read them years ago. Its worth reading once but I am not a huge fan.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:04 AM
Daycare.com Member

I read the first few and then lost interest. Reading puts me to sleep, so I would end up rereading the same paragraph over and over before I dropped off.
Good Books, I recommend.
Old 05-28-2012, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave4him View Post
I read the whole series a while back and loved it! Tim Lahaye (sp) wrote another series about an archaeologist who was seeking biblical clues to proove the existence of biblical history- loved that series as well but I can't remember the name of that series to save my life!

If you like those books, try reading This Present Darkness and Piercing the Darkness.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:30 PM
Daycare.com Member

We LOVED the series!
We even named our cats "Buck and Chloe"
My kids read the kids series and we have all the movies.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:13 PM

I read and at one time owned them all, but over the years they've been loaned out and many have not returned home....

It was a very good series.

I also really liked the Frank Peretti novels. My kids loved the cooper kids series.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:19 PM
Daycare.com Member

I loved them. Have you tried "The Christ Clone Trilogy"? They are very good and a more scientific approach than "Left Behind".
Old 05-29-2012, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countrygal View Post
I read and at one time owned them all, but over the years they've been loaned out and many have not returned home....

It was a very good series.

I also really liked the Frank Peretti novels. My kids loved the cooper kids series.
I love Frank Peretti!
Old 07-22-2012, 05:13 PM

Its funny how as a parent reading kids books, i realize how different books are teaching different things i never thought about before. Colors, animal sounds, they are so subtle
Old 07-22-2012, 06:39 PM
Daycare.com Member

My husband and I read the whole series and I still cherish the books. A few years back I gave the first book as Christmas presents to friends. I even met one of the authors at a presentation he gave on the end of times.
Old 08-05-2014, 08:04 AM

Next year marks the 20th anniversary of the Left Behind novel. I am going to get a cake and celebrate with my wife.
Old 08-05-2014, 08:49 AM
Legally Unlicensed

Yes! I never did finish the novels, but I got pretty close. It's funny you mention it because I actually just watched the first two movies with Kirk Cameron a couple weeks ago.
Old 08-05-2014, 08:50 AM
Legally Unlicensed

I guess you "mentioned" the series several years ago. Oops!
Old 08-05-2014, 09:50 AM

Honestly I listened to the last few books via the Audio Drama which I highly recommend!

Tags
books