Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Daycare and Taxes

Daycare and Taxes All things related to Taxes and running a Daycare post here. Topics of tax exemptions, forms, filings, tax write offs, IRS etc.

Old 02-23-2012, 04:33 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default Tom Trips To Grocery Store

I wondered if you do the same with your trips to the grocery store as you do with bank deposits.? If the sole reason i go is for daycare I know i claim the mileage and 100 percent to write it off. but if it is my weekly trips to the grocery store and i buy all my items at same time do i take ever other trip for mileage? I dont have many recipets for 2011 so i will just use the few i have but this year i am saving them and have a huge stack already and wanted to know how to enter on mmk..
Old 02-27-2012, 06:03 PM
Business Author/Trainer

Default Miles

Never claim 100% of all trips to grocery stores, even if you are buying more business food than personal food on each trip. Claiming every other trip is reasonable. If your business food represents 65% of your total food expenses, claim 65% of the trips.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:44 AM
Daycare.com Member

So with one child it doesnt equal out to be that .. so even every other time would be to high to claim?
Old 02-28-2012, 08:02 AM
Business Author/Trainer

Default grocery store mileage

Estimate the % of food you buy that is business food, and use that % to claim the number of trips as business trips.

Tags
deduction - groceries, deduction - trip, tom copeland