Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:59 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default I'm a New Daycare Provider and I Need Some Advice!

Hello everyone! I'm new to this forum and I'm also a new daycare provider. I just got my license, and I'm all ready to go. I've been advertising on craigslist for the past week or so, with a few calls, but I haven't has any interviews yet. Since I'm new, what should my rates be? I'm in Concord, in the Bay Area. My mother and I are going to work together (she's going to do it part time) and I'm only going to take in 4 kids. As for advertising, what's the best method for marketing my daycare? I am going to make flyers and post them at churches and places around town, as well putting them in people's mail boxes around the area. Any other input or advice from experienced daycare providers would be greatly appreciated!
Old 03-26-2012, 11:28 AM
Daycare.com Member

You can't place things in people mailboxes. it is against postal regulations. Every area is different here people put flyers in the grocery store on the bullitin board. Newspapers word of mouth is the best so hand out business cards to all your friends so they can share them with people the know or hear need childcare.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:34 AM

Click on the "advertising" tag on the lower left of this thread and it will take you to a lot of different threads with great ideas. Good luck
Old 03-26-2012, 12:39 PM
Just Starting Out!

By concord, can I assume you mean in Canada? If so, you can go on kijiji
Old 03-26-2012, 01:19 PM
Unregistered

Concord is a city in the San Francisco Bay area
Old 03-26-2012, 01:28 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

I have used kijiji, daycarebear, flyers ON the postal box's in my neighbour hood, grocerey stores and gas stations, my front porch, and the town newspaper, All very sucessful.

But the best will be word of mouth.
Old 03-26-2012, 01:34 PM
Just Starting Out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Concord is a city in the San Francisco Bay area
Oh! Oops

Tags
advertising