Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-12-2012, 11:48 AM
AllDeezBabies's Avatar
AllDeezBabies AllDeezBabies is offline
Cuteness overload lover
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 197
Unhappy I Have A Daycare With No Children

I think I need help with advertising ideas.


I received my license in December and I have been advertising like crazy. I took suggestions from some of the great ladies here, ordered cards, made fliers, car magnet with logo. I have a lawn sign out in front, pictures in my window. I signed up with the local CCRC to be on their referral list. I pass out cards, flyers and I make Craigslist ads; heck I even have a Facebook page for my daycare. But no children . I've been to my children's schools passing out fliers, local community centers, department of human services offices.

I want this so bad, I have tons of ideas, my space is beautiful and I have all my duckies in a row. I now come to the conclusion that I'm doing something wrong.

Can you guys offer any suggestions as to what I can do or constructive criticism about what I'm not doing? Any suggestions, please? I'm desperate
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-12-2012, 11:54 AM
MsMe's Avatar
MsMe MsMe is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 712
Default

Have you had any calls?

Have you had any interviews? IF so, did they have any feed back about why they didn't chose you?

Can you post pictures of you space, Craigslist ads, and website here so we can look at them?

I am sure many of the providers here would love to help you, but it is hard for us to give you any advice when all we know is that you think your space is great.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-12-2012, 11:56 AM
EntropyControlSpecialist's Avatar
EntropyControlSpecialist EntropyControlSpecialist is offline
Embracing the chaos.
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: A toasty environment!
Posts: 7,430
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMe View Post
Have you had any calls?

Have you had any interviews? IF so, did they have any feed back about why they didn't chose you?

Can you post pictures of you space, Craigslist ads, and website here so we can look at them?

I am sure many of the providers here would love to help you, but it is hard for us to give you any advice when all we know is that you think your space is great.
Yes, please post pictures and the wording you're putting on your ads.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-12-2012, 12:05 PM
AllDeezBabies's Avatar
AllDeezBabies AllDeezBabies is offline
Cuteness overload lover
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 197
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMe View Post
Have you had any calls? No calls, nope

Have you had any interviews? No interviews. IF so, did they have any feed back about why they didn't chose you?

Can you post pictures of you space, Craigslist ads, and website here so we can look at them? I don't have a camera. When my daughter returns this evening, I'll post them from her phone. I'll likely need assistance, though.
I am sure many of the providers here would love to help you, but it is hard for us to give you any advice when all we know is that you think your space is great.
I can post my flyers and business card. I don't know how to do it. If someone can tell me how.


Here is one CL ad:

Having a hard time finding quality childcare? Need more convenient hours to care for your little love ones? You have come to the right place.


I am a licensed day care provider that is CPR and First Aid certified. My services are geared toward providing the best possible care for your child in a safe, home based setting with love. Your child(ren) will receive nutritional meals and snacks that incorporate all five food groups. During your child's stay they will interact with other children and benefit from the educational curriculum, team building and character building activities that will help shape them into intelligent and well rounded individuals. I also assist with Kingergarten preparedness.

My home daycare is open Monday-Saturday from 6am to Midnight.

I am willing to accept all forms of child care subsidy. For parents that do not qualify for subsidy payments, I offer reasonable rates. For more information you may respond to this post or call me at 773-386-8706 and ask for Chanel. Enroll your child today!!

ANOTHER ONE:

Looking for childcare??? You've come to the right place. At Precious Little Things Daycare, we give learning and play a whole new meaning!!!

I am a licensed day care provider that is CPR and First Aid certified. My services are geared toward providing the best possible care for your child in a safe, home based setting with love. Because I participate in the state food program, your child(ren) will receive nutritional meals and snacks that incorporate all five food groups. During your child's stay they will interact with other children and benefit from the educational curriculum, team building and character building activities that will help shape them into intelligent and well rounded individuals. I also assist with Kingergarten preparedness.

My home daycare is open Monday-Saturday from 6am-12am.

I accept cash payments and child care subsidy. For more information you may respond to this post or call me at 773-386-8706 and ask for Chanel.


I have different variations of wording
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-12-2012, 12:06 PM
AllDeezBabies's Avatar
AllDeezBabies AllDeezBabies is offline
Cuteness overload lover
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 197
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCLC View Post
Yes, please post pictures and the wording you're putting on your ads.
Here is another ad.


Looking for quality childcare??? You've come to the right place.

My name is Chanel and I have a passion for caring for children. I am a licensed day care provider that is CPR (Adult, Infant and Children) and First Aid certified.

My home daycare is open Monday-Saturday from 6am-12am. I currently have openings for day and night care. The age range I accept are from 6 weeks old to 12 years of age.


I participate in the food program; nutritious meals and snacks that incorporate all 5 food groups. Your children will receive the best quality care in a loving, home setting. Kindergarten preparedness, potty training, age-appropriate course curriculum, and field trips are also offered.

I accept cash payments and child care subsidy. For cash paying parents and those that pay a co-payment with Action for Children, I have a special incentive in place for timely payments.

For more information, you may call 773-386-8706 and ask for Chanel.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-12-2012, 12:15 PM
MsMe's Avatar
MsMe MsMe is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 712
Default

I look forward to seeing some photos!


The only think I see from your add is that you are open 6 days a week and from 6am -12am Are you planning to have kids for all of these days and hours if you can...or are you just advertising these hours bc you are having a hard time finding families?

To be honest I think I would skip over an add that was a nearly 24hr daycare.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-12-2012, 12:17 PM
Jenniferdawn's Avatar
Jenniferdawn Jenniferdawn is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: California
Posts: 238
Default

Yeah, it almost makes you sound a bit desperate being open for so many hours...I might pass by because of that too.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-12-2012, 12:17 PM
AllDeezBabies's Avatar
AllDeezBabies AllDeezBabies is offline
Cuteness overload lover
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 197
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMe View Post
I look forward to seeing some photos!


The only think I see from your add is that you are open 6 days a week and from 6am -12am Are you planning to have kids for all of these days and hours if you can...or are you just advertising these hours bc you are having a hard time finding families?

To be honest I think I would skip over an add that was a nearly 24hr daycare.
I plan on being open that long. I have an assistant on standby. So should I advertise 6am-6p?

Is there anything wrong/awkward about my wording and tone?

Last edited by AllDeezBabies; 04-12-2012 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Adding
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-12-2012, 12:21 PM
AllDeezBabies's Avatar
AllDeezBabies AllDeezBabies is offline
Cuteness overload lover
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 197
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenniferdawn View Post
Yeah, it almost makes you sound a bit desperate being open for so many hours...I might pass by because of that too.
I open second shift because I worked second shift for years and it was tough finding childcare. I just want to cater to parents that work or go to school these hours. Didn't think it meant desperate. Thanks.

I wanted to have an advantage. Most daycares in this area don't offer these hours. When I put the word out about opening a daycare, this was the most common complaint.

My mother was in childcare for 25 years and the first 5, she was open 24 hours.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-12-2012, 12:26 PM
MsMe's Avatar
MsMe MsMe is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 712
Default

I don't think there is anything wrong with being open 2nd shift hours. It is a hard time to find child care.

I would skip over a provider that was open so many hours bc it woul dbe hard to be 100% for that many hours and I woul dfeel she would be worn down.

I think if you want to offer 2nd shift hours you should do just 2nd shift + average travel time for your area.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-12-2012, 12:30 PM
Tin Blues
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Have you joined your local child care association? Go to a meeting and let the other providers know that you're trying to get started in the child care business. I'll bet you can get some referrals that way.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-12-2012, 12:43 PM
AllDeezBabies's Avatar
AllDeezBabies AllDeezBabies is offline
Cuteness overload lover
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 197
Default

Thank you, I'll try this
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-12-2012, 12:44 PM
AllDeezBabies's Avatar
AllDeezBabies AllDeezBabies is offline
Cuteness overload lover
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 197
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Blues View Post
Have you joined your local child care association? Go to a meeting and let the other providers know that you're trying to get started in the child care business. I'll bet you can get some referrals that way.
I'm going to my first union meeting next Saturday. I'm registered on the list with the local child care association.


It is supposed to be a anti-drug/gang rally in the area next Tuesday. I'll be there.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-12-2012, 12:57 PM
smb757's Avatar
smb757 smb757 is offline
New Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 33
Default

I noticed that kindergarten is misspelled. :-) I think you should run to ads - on for "regular" hours and one for second shift hours. Or just put something about other hours may be available.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-12-2012, 01:19 PM
cheerfuldom's Avatar
cheerfuldom cheerfuldom is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 7,415
Default

Are you getting any calls or interviews??
Are you sure your rates are competitive?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-12-2012, 01:33 PM
AllDeezBabies's Avatar
AllDeezBabies AllDeezBabies is offline
Cuteness overload lover
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 197
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smb757 View Post
I noticed that kindergarten is misspelled. :-) I think you should run to ads - on for "regular" hours and one for second shift hours. Or just put something about other hours may be available.
Thanks. I'm pretty they don't want to go to "Kingergarten"
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-12-2012, 01:34 PM
AllDeezBabies's Avatar
AllDeezBabies AllDeezBabies is offline
Cuteness overload lover
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 197
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom View Post
Are you getting any calls or interviews??
Are you sure your rates are competitive?
No calls or interviews. I don't advertise my rates.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-12-2012, 02:40 PM
MissK's Avatar
MissK MissK is offline
New Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 180
Default

hahaha nevermind....it really has been a long day
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-12-2012, 02:42 PM
Michael's Avatar
Michael Michael is online now
Admin & Owner-Daycare.com
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Moorpark CA, Ocean Ridge, FL
Posts: 6,855
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissK View Post
I'm confused (ok...so its been a long day ) - are we saying Kindergarten is the incorrect spelling?
You didn't think it was a garden did you?
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-12-2012, 02:49 PM
wdmmom wdmmom is offline
Advanced Daycare.com
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: WDM, IA
Posts: 2,669
Default

I struggled with this for years.

It's just one of those words that is spelled CORRECTLY either way you spell it!


Kindergarden or kindergarten which is correct spelling wiki.answers.com › ... › Grammar › English Spelling and Pronunciation
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 04-12-2012, 03:07 PM
AmyLeigh's Avatar
AmyLeigh AmyLeigh is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Central California
Posts: 875
Default

I've never had to advertise (not bragging....all referrals) but heard Dave Ramsey recommend something that may work for daycare providers. He suggested to someone to take a dozen donuts with a ton of your business cards to real estate agents and property management places. Now this suggestion was for a woman who wanted to do housekeeping. But, why not for daycare? People moving into the area may need childcare, and here is one way you can network with the agents and get your name out there!

It's just a little sumpin-sumpin I'm keeping in the back of my mind if and when I need to fill spaces.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-12-2012, 04:07 PM
AllDeezBabies's Avatar
AllDeezBabies AllDeezBabies is offline
Cuteness overload lover
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 197
Default

I could do donuts. I loooooove donuts. Sounds like a great idea.


I just went up to the Commisioner's office around the corner from my home. The Alderman and Commisioner's office is right next door to each other. In my plight to advise them of my services and ask to leave flyers, the most rudest woman cuts me off to tell me they won't hold any flyers for me. So I went to the Alderman's office and asked if I could leave flyers and cards there. I also advised him of how mean the woman next door was. He took them and we both went next door and he let the woman have a piece of his mind.


Today is a long day, indeed.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-12-2012, 04:09 PM
AllDeezBabies's Avatar
AllDeezBabies AllDeezBabies is offline
Cuteness overload lover
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 197
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissK View Post
hahaha nevermind....it really has been a long day
It's more than okay.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-12-2012, 04:42 PM
Jessie's Avatar
Jessie Jessie is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 43
Default

Do you have a website? I made a free website with yola.com (although there are TONS of free sites) and registered my daycare with Google Places. Now, if someone searches for "childcare" or "daycare" and my town name, it comes up with a google map with a pin on my address, my contact info, and a link to my website.

Just a thought - if I was looking for childcare, a simple google search would probably be my first step.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-12-2012, 04:59 PM
AllDeezBabies's Avatar
AllDeezBabies AllDeezBabies is offline
Cuteness overload lover
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 197
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessie View Post
Do you have a website? I made a free website with yola.com (although there are TONS of free sites) and registered my daycare with Google Places. Now, if someone searches for "childcare" or "daycare" and my town name, it comes up with a google map with a pin on my address, my contact info, and a link to my website.

Just a thought - if I was looking for childcare, a simple google search would probably be my first step.
I haven't made a website as of yet but I would like to and I haven't registered to Google either.

I tried to do the free website with weebly.com and it was kind of complicated.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 04-12-2012, 05:57 PM
cheerfuldom's Avatar
cheerfuldom cheerfuldom is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 7,415
Default

Check kid friendly places for spots to advertise....gymnastics, kid friendly restaurants, kids resale shops and any thing geared toward children may have a spot to leave stuff like this
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-12-2012, 08:10 PM
MissK's Avatar
MissK MissK is offline
New Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 180
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
You didn't think it was a garden did you?
I didnt catch that she had it as 'kindergargen' first - I thought they were saying kindergarten was the wrong spelling. I was going to say crud...I've been spelling it wrong FOREVER!!! lol
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 04-13-2012, 06:59 AM
Jessie's Avatar
Jessie Jessie is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayChanel View Post
I haven't made a website as of yet but I would like to and I haven't registered to Google either.

I tried to do the free website with weebly.com and it was kind of complicated.
See if you can get a tech savvy friend (or friend's kid) to do this for you. It's a great way for families to feel like they know a little bit more about you and feel more comfortable calling. Every family I've talked to has said "I've checked out your website..." so they feel a little more informed before they pick up the phone.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 04-13-2012, 09:37 AM
Canadianprovider's Avatar
Canadianprovider Canadianprovider is offline
New Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 5
Default

It's definately your hours! If I seen a daycare open that long, I would be thinking you would be very tired and it would show on the quality of care. People know you are not a machine! Also, I would advertise you rates. It sounds like you have a very good program, and if you don't advertise your rates, people will think ur very expensive.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 04-13-2012, 09:48 AM
daycare's Avatar
daycare daycare is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Mars
Posts: 16,021
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayChanel View Post
I haven't made a website as of yet but I would like to and I haven't registered to Google either.

I tried to do the free website with weebly.com and it was kind of complicated.
try using Yola.... I tired weebly and had a hard time with it, so i left and went to Yola. I love it
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 04-13-2012, 11:17 AM
Fruitloops1's Avatar
Fruitloops1 Fruitloops1 is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 249
Default

Check out everyblock.com. Its like a community blog where people post things about the neighborhood. You can search your zip code. I agree about the hours it just seems crazy long. Maybe you can say open from 6 a.m. to 6p.m. but additonal hours are available as needed.
Good Luck!!!
Oh also try to include something special about your DC. What about your program sets you apart from the others in your area?
Maybe try some bullet points, it draws the eye to the details. I have a bad habit of not reading a paragraph but shooting right to the bullet points.

-DCFS licensed
-CPR/ first aid certified.
-Nutrional meals
-Kindergarten preparedness (what does that mean?)
-Loving and safe home enviroment.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 04-13-2012, 09:33 PM
AllDeezBabies's Avatar
AllDeezBabies AllDeezBabies is offline
Cuteness overload lover
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 197
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom View Post
Check kid friendly places for spots to advertise....gymnastics, kid friendly restaurants, kids resale shops and any thing geared toward children may have a spot to leave stuff like this
We have tons of those around here. I'm going out to advertise tomorrow and will be sure to browse by those places
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 04-13-2012, 09:35 PM
AllDeezBabies's Avatar
AllDeezBabies AllDeezBabies is offline
Cuteness overload lover
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 197
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessie View Post
See if you can get a tech savvy friend (or friend's kid) to do this for you. It's a great way for families to feel like they know a little bit more about you and feel more comfortable calling. Every family I've talked to has said "I've checked out your website..." so they feel a little more informed before they pick up the phone.
Yeah, I want that for the prospective parents. Just to give them a little more to go on before they make a decision to call. The other ladies gave out site suggestions too. I really didn't like weebly.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 04-13-2012, 09:36 PM
AllDeezBabies's Avatar
AllDeezBabies AllDeezBabies is offline
Cuteness overload lover
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 197
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadianprovider View Post
It's definately your hours! If I seen a daycare open that long, I would be thinking you would be very tired and it would show on the quality of care. People know you are not a machine! Also, I would advertise you rates. It sounds like you have a very good program, and if you don't advertise your rates, people will think ur very expensive.
I made some changes to my flyers. I'll be going out tomorrow. We'll see how this goes. *crosses fingers*
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 04-13-2012, 09:36 PM
AllDeezBabies's Avatar
AllDeezBabies AllDeezBabies is offline
Cuteness overload lover
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 197
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daycare View Post
try using Yola.... I tired weebly and had a hard time with it, so i left and went to Yola. I love it
Ok, cool. I'll check that out tomorrow.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 04-13-2012, 09:47 PM
AllDeezBabies's Avatar
AllDeezBabies AllDeezBabies is offline
Cuteness overload lover
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 197
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azra11 View Post
Check out everyblock.com. Its like a community blog where people post things about the neighborhood. You can search your zip code. I agree about the hours it just seems crazy long. Maybe you can say open from 6 a.m. to 6p.m. but additonal hours are available as needed.
Good Luck!!!
Oh also try to include something special about your DC. What about your program sets you apart from the others in your area?
Maybe try some bullet points, it draws the eye to the details. I have a bad habit of not reading a paragraph but shooting right to the bullet points.

-DCFS licensed
-CPR/ first aid certified.
-Nutrional meals
-Kindergarten preparedness (what does that mean?)
-Loving and safe home enviroment.
See I've included what you have in the bullet points but it's in a paragraph. I'll need to format it differently.

Kindergarten preparedness is a fancy word I see day care centers use for assisting preschool age children to get ready for kindergarten.


•Listen to stories without interrupting
•Recognize rhyming sounds
•Pay attention for short periods of time to adult-directed tasks
•Understand actions have both causes and effects
•Show understanding of general times of day
•Cut with scissors
•Trace basic shapes
•Begin to share with others
•Start to follow rules
•Be able to recognize authority
•Manage bathroom needs
•Button shirts, pants, coats, and zip up zippers
•Begin to control oneself
•Separate from parents without being upset
•Speak understandably
•Talk in complete sentences of five to six words
•Look at pictures and then tell stories
•Identify rhyming words
•Identify the beginning sound of some words
•Identify some alphabet letters
•Recognize some common sight words like "stop"
•Sort similar objects by color, size, and shape
•Recognize groups of one, two, three, four, and five objects
•Count to ten
•Bounce a ball
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 04-14-2012, 06:16 AM
Sprouts's Avatar
Sprouts Sprouts is offline
Licensed Provider
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 801
Default

I would go directly to places that have second shift workers and advertise in the,unch or break room or any where near, go directly to the type of people you are looking for, but pick one type of u will get burned out. Also search Kris Murray child care marketing she gives a lot of FREE ideas, I haven't bought her stuff but her free tips are great. Try to find the need in your area. How many other providers are there? Go to elementary schools to or middle schools and see if you can advertise there as well.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 04-14-2012, 08:27 AM
AllDeezBabies's Avatar
AllDeezBabies AllDeezBabies is offline
Cuteness overload lover
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 197
Default

That sounds like a plan Sprouts. We have a Target, Walmart and tons of other places near that are open pretty much all day. I will need to find a day this week to post up and hand out ads.

There aren't many providers in the area but the ones around close at 6pm.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 04-14-2012, 08:53 AM
Bella99's Avatar
Bella99 Bella99 is offline
Just Starting Out!
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayChanel View Post
That sounds like a plan Sprouts. We have a Target, Walmart and tons of other places near that are open pretty much all day. I will need to find a day this week to post up and hand out ads.

There aren't many providers in the area but the ones around close at 6pm.
Advertise you're open until 7. I don't know about where you are, but a lot of people I know get off work at 6.. and have to have relatives/friends pick up their kids from daycare at 5-ish, because they're not open late enough. You can also make a point that "Additional Hours can be worked out" or 'negotiated', however you want to say it.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 04-14-2012, 08:56 AM
Bella99's Avatar
Bella99 Bella99 is offline
Just Starting Out!
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 109
Default

Also, this maybe different than what others think, but when I was looking through the listings on a local classifieds site (Kijiji) I noticed that the ads with the prices were more appealing to me. 1, because I can sort though them faster, and 2, it requires more 'valuable' time to contact the person regarding prices.

Just food for thought.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 04-14-2012, 09:01 AM
TGPII's Avatar
TGPII TGPII is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: IL
Posts: 133
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayChanel View Post
I open second shift because I worked second shift for years and it was tough finding childcare. I just want to cater to parents that work or go to school these hours. Didn't think it meant desperate. Thanks.

I wanted to have an advantage. Most daycares in this area don't offer these hours. When I put the word out about opening a daycare, this was the most common complaint.

My mother was in childcare for 25 years and the first 5, she was open 24 hours.
Finding second shift workers it hard.

TGPII NOT DADDY DAYCARE
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 04-14-2012, 09:59 AM
AllDeezBabies's Avatar
AllDeezBabies AllDeezBabies is offline
Cuteness overload lover
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 197
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella99 View Post
Also, this maybe different than what others think, but when I was looking through the listings on a local classifieds site (Kijiji) I noticed that the ads with the prices were more appealing to me. 1, because I can sort though them faster, and 2, it requires more 'valuable' time to contact the person regarding prices.

Just food for thought.
I have done this with one of my ads online. I'll see how it goes. I also changed the time but I didn't think about the closing until 7pm. That makes a heck of a lot of sense.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 04-14-2012, 10:02 AM
AllDeezBabies's Avatar
AllDeezBabies AllDeezBabies is offline
Cuteness overload lover
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 197
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy Daycare View Post
Finding second shift workers it hard.

TGPII NOT DADDY DAYCARE

I was kind of thinking this. It's usually a case of a person that works 1st shift that knows someone who works 2nd shift that needs childcare.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 04-18-2012, 02:36 PM
Fruitloops1's Avatar
Fruitloops1 Fruitloops1 is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 249
Default

How are things going?
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 04-18-2012, 02:59 PM
Michael's Avatar
Michael Michael is online now
Admin & Owner-Daycare.com
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Moorpark CA, Ocean Ridge, FL
Posts: 6,855
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azra11 View Post
How are things going?
She hasn't been here since the 14th
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 04-19-2012, 06:31 AM
rhondawarren's Avatar
rhondawarren rhondawarren is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 270
Default

Kindergarten, Kindergarden ... Tomato Tomata JK


Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmmom View Post
I struggled with this for years.

It's just one of those words that is spelled CORRECTLY either way you spell it!


Kindergarden or kindergarten which is correct spelling wiki.answers.com › ... › Grammar › English Spelling and Pronunciation
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 04-19-2012, 09:40 AM
AllDeezBabies's Avatar
AllDeezBabies AllDeezBabies is offline
Cuteness overload lover
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 197
Default

I'm still waiting for calls. I've made the changes recommended to the CL ads and decided to advertise my rates. I've received calls but the people are waaaaaayyyy out of the area. So it's working guys.


I changed my flyers and just put some out yesterday at the anti-violence rally. Next thursday, I'm speaking at an early childhood seminar and will be passing out flyers,cards then. I took the flyers to the school and youth centers. I haven't made it to the local stores as of yet.


We will see what happens
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
advertising, advertising - low budget

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How Long Should 4 Year Old Nap Unregistered Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 314 02-13-2018 04:48 AM
Termination Gone Wrong MsKara Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 107 03-11-2015 02:09 PM
Toilet Trained to Move into the 3 Year Old Room? Cindy Parents and Guardians Forum 28 12-11-2014 04:23 AM
CCTV Surveillance System For Daycare Centers DTSCCTV Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 8 05-05-2010 12:36 PM
Christmas Presents for Daycare Children momma2girls Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 27 11-13-2009 06:11 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:29 PM.



Daycare.com         Find A Daycare         List Your Daycare         Toys & Products                 About Us

Daycare.com
Please read our Disclaimer before continuing.

Topics pertain mainly to the following States:

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming