Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Sit On Yoor Bottoms, Please!!!
Neekie 06:45 AM 05-15-2012
Does anybody have an idea as to how to get kids to sit on their bottoms? Everytime I turn around there are four or five kids lying all over the floor kicking each other. Kids are tripping over them and actually they stretch their legs out as far as they can or swing them arond in the air as though they are trying to trip people. And then they tske their socks off and put their bare feet on everybody and everything including toys and baby equipment...just kind of grosses me out!! But no matter what I say or do, every five minutes it is the same thing all over again. I am so tired of it.
SunshineMama 09:09 AM 05-15-2012
Originally Posted by Neekie:
Does anybody have an idea as to how to get kids to sit on their bottoms? Everytime I turn around there are four or five kids lying all over the floor kicking each other. Kids are tripping over them and actually they stretch their legs out as far as they can or swing them arond in the air as though they are trying to trip people. And then they tske their socks off and put their bare feet on everybody and everything including toys and baby equipment...just kind of grosses me out!! But no matter what I say or do, every five minutes it is the same thing all over again. I am so tired of it.
No clue- they never sit for me either.
cheerfuldom 09:12 AM 05-15-2012
Is this circle time?

I would try doing chairs for each child OR placements or something similar where they each have a specific spot they have to stay in. Creates a visual boundary so they aren't rolling all over each other.
KayB 10:35 AM 05-15-2012
We use carpet squares here and that seems to help. But in NO way shape or form are they allowed to take their shoes off EVER!! If I catch them they put it right back on and they sit in time out. I am blessed as my kids have been with me since newborn so they grow up knowing the rules here and just follow them.
karen 11:01 AM 05-15-2012
When the children get like that, here is what I do,
Sit on the floor criss cross applesauce As I sing this song I have a finger on my lips throwing in some shhhh's
Sing this song sung to the tune of "Are You Sleeping"
I am waiting
I am waiting
For my friends for my friends
who is sitting quietly shhhhh
as they sit quietly sing their name
Johnny is sitting quietly
Jack is sitting quietly shhhhhh
Once you have everyone's attention remind them that shoes stay on our feet. We keep our feet to ourselves or whatever rules are being broken at the time.
Tags:sitting problems
Reply Up