Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 07-02-2012, 04:31 PM
New Daycare.com Member

Unhappy My Son (18 months) Is Jealous..

... Of my new day care baby (6months)
This might be mean, but all I can think is "better get used to it buddy, little brother is going to be here in a few months! And he doesnt go home at the end of the day!"

Somebody please tell me it gets better...
He is being a snot. AND refusing to go to sleep (which is why he is probably being a snot...)
Old 07-02-2012, 04:52 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

it gets better. but kids being jealous or competitive of each other is just part of the deal when you have a group of kids together, whether it is siblings or daycare kids.
Old 07-03-2012, 04:14 PM
Daycare.com Member

My son is the same way, it took him a while and intervention to get used to the DC,now I got new kids and he is acting up again, it is very difficult for me, I feel I can't do anything during the day because he wont stop crying, screaming and throwing fits, some days are just so terrible that all I have left to do is cry
Old 07-03-2012, 05:44 PM
Daycare.com Member

I hear ya sister! My little guy is a complete crab during daycare hours. I try to spend time with him alone but that isnt always possible. I did just have a baby though and include him in helping with the baby and i really havent had jealousy yet. Good luck with your little guy!
Old 07-03-2012, 07:05 PM
New Daycare.com Member

He did WAY better today.. I know a little is jealousy but I think a lot of it is also that he is *trying* to get rid of an ear infection. I dont think the antibiotics are working this time...

The only real big issue as of today is that he will NOT take a nap!! I dont know how to make him fall asleep. Per my licensing he HAS to sleep where the other kiddos are and none of us can be upstairs. It took over 2 hours to get him down today and then he was only out for 1 hour (normally 2). And he passed out on the couch, not a play pen or a sleep mat (i tried both).

Im just glad that the family is really nice and the baby is sooooo sweet so far! Mom was like "shes teething so she might be fussy. and grandma just left so she might want to be held all the time." i was thinking "oh boy, well Ill give it 2 weeks and see from there." So far she has been so easy (of course anything is easy after my colic baby! lol)
Old 07-04-2012, 06:22 AM
Unregistered

If your little guy has an ear infection laying down makes the pain worse. Maybe that is why he is not napping properly. Hang in there it will get better!
Old 07-04-2012, 12:42 PM
New Daycare.com Member

I took him to the after hours doc last night and his ear was not getting better with the current antibiotics. He is now on a different/stronger medicine so hopefully he starts feeling better soon! Im really hoping that once the ear clears up, he will be better with naps. Thanks for the support guys!

Tags
jealous, provider children - bothering others, provider children - jealous, teething