Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 07-30-2012, 02:34 PM
New Daycare.com Member

Smile California Family Childcare License Question

Hi, I am a new member and have a question. My cousin and I are co-licensees on a small Family childcare in Los Angeles, CA. I am going to be moving out to my own home (we rent a duplex) closer to my parents and opening a new childcare from there but she is going to continue running this daycare ( her name is also on the license) What do I need to do to get my name off the licenseand just keep hers so I can reapply on my own ay my new house ? Can I just send them a letter?
Old 07-30-2012, 03:20 PM

Welcome to the forum! Your status has been upgraded so you can post freely now

I am sure one of the members from California will be able to answer your question. In the meantime, here is contact info for your state. http://www.daycare.com/california/
Old 07-30-2012, 03:48 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

I would contact your licensing rep and let her know and put it in writing as well.

Curious, how did you get two names on the license? I was told (in Sacramento county) that they do not do that.
Old 07-30-2012, 04:07 PM
Unregistered

When she moved in with me I was able to add her to my license. She had all her stuff some already.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:16 PM

Crystal, my neighbors across the street have their license in both names. I was going to add my daughter's name to mine. I was told that I would have to submit a new app with both names.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
When she moved in with me I was able to add her to my license. She had all her stuff some already.
Is her name on the lease/rental agreement? If not, she may have to go through the entire licensing process again. It sounds like she is added on to your license as an assistant/substitute rather than an owner. If that is the case, she will have to be licensed separately from you.

I would call your rep or the worker of the day for clarification.

Best wishes
Old 07-31-2012, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
Is her name on the lease/rental agreement? If not, she may have to go through the entire licensing process again. It sounds like she is added on to your license as an assistant/substitute rather than an owner. If that is the case, she will have to be licensed separately from you.

I would call your rep or the worker of the day for clarification.

Best wishes
This is always the best answer. What one rep says is illegal, another one will say it's ok.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:36 AM
Unregistered

Crystal, My landlord put her on the agreement seperately from mine ( her own rental agreement) when she found out that I am moving out. My landlord has a daycare for 14 kids in her part of the duplex so she is aware of the changes. Our license is for 8. for 8. She already has the orientation, preventive health, CPR/FIRST AID. EVERYTHING!!!!!
Old 07-31-2012, 07:38 AM
Unregistered

We also already sent in a new application with ALL paperwork already and she has been already added. Its now Shvager/ Minasyan Childcare not just Shvager childcare. Does that mean she is co owner now?

Tags
california - regulations