Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 11-12-2012, 07:35 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default What Age Do You Stop Morning Naps?

I have three little ones now.. they are all just turned one..

I have in my handbook that they take morning naps if it is needed. but when do you begin to ween them off of morning naps?
Old 11-12-2012, 07:39 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Personally, it is not about an age, it is when they stop taking them.

After 20 minutes down, if they are still awake I get them up.

After a week or two of no morning nap at will, I stop putting them down for them all together.

Much less frustration that way for me and the kids.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:42 AM

I let my babies transition from 2 naps to 1 on there own... you will know when they don't need it any more, as the PP mentioned.
All of mine stop 2 naps on their own by age 2... some do it by 14 months, some right at 24.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:44 AM

Usually around 18-24 months.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:49 AM
Daycare.com Member

thanks, Thats kinda what I figured.

I do let them "tell" me if they need a morning nap. I have one who just turned one that some days he will take a Cat nap for 30 mins and some days he doesnt.

He is already up!
Old 11-12-2012, 07:52 AM

I drop the AM nap like catherder, or if they start fighting the afternoon nap.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby View Post
thanks, Thats kinda what I figured.

I do let them "tell" me if they need a morning nap. I have one who just turned one that some days he will take a Cat nap for 30 mins and some days he doesnt.

He is already up!
That is normal for me, too. Mine are typically on mats and one nap a day at 12 months.

They want to be big kids so bad....
Old 11-12-2012, 08:11 AM
Daycare.com Member

It just depends, they're all different. My 14 mo DS still needs his 2 naps a day. But my 14 mo DCB gave up his AM nap all on his own at 12 mo. The 11 mo. old DCG shows no signs of being ready to give it up soon.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:28 AM

I agree with the PP's about the age range. I even had a 3 year old who would fall asleep on the floor at 10am if I didn't give her a morning nap, so she clearly needed one. I think by the time she was 3.5 she no longer needed one, but man it took a while. She just needed that extra sleep!

Tags
nap, sleep - issues