Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Book Club - Reviews / Suggestions

Book Club - Reviews / Suggestions What books and stories do you like best. Reviews are welcome.

Old 12-10-2012, 09:08 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Default 50 Shades of Grey

Ok so I NEVER read and a friend barrowed me the first book and I loved it. I ordered the whole series and read all 3 in a out 2 months. So now I am done with them and I am wondering if anyone can recommend something similar to keep my interest.

Thanks for any help!
Old 12-26-2012, 05:54 PM
New Daycare.com Member

I personally have not dared to read that series, but World War Z is good book, not a love story but very entertaining
Old 12-26-2012, 07:11 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil angels View Post
Ok so I NEVER read and a friend barrowed me the first book and I loved it. I ordered the whole series and read all 3 in a out 2 months. So now I am done with them and I am wondering if anyone can recommend something similar to keep my interest.

Thanks for any help!
Loved them too. I have not found anything similar.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:44 AM

I loved the 50 trilogy. Until the end. I got so sick of reading how Ana -the main character- was always saying how "I whispered" or "I said softly". It got irritating lol

I only finished it because I wanted to see how it ended. It is not a series that I will most likely be reading again anytime soon!
Old 07-17-2013, 07:22 PM

Whoops! Dcd went into my bedroom (where the changing table is) to change dcb before they left for the day and my 50 shades trilogy was on my nightstand.

Hopefully he didn't see that
Old 07-17-2013, 08:35 PM
New Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil angels View Post

Thanks for any help!
I also read the '50 Shades' series not long ago. I was a little hesitant (even put off reading it for a while) because I was afraid after all the hype that it would far short of expectations. Boy was I wrong! I loved it!

As far as a similar series, you should look into the 'Crossfire' series. I read book 1 last year and couldn't put it down! I still need to get my hands on the rest of the series! Book 3 was just released last month with a 4th in the works!

Tags
50 shades of grey, book suggestions