Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas

Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas Post breakfast items, lunch items, and snack items that are all child friendly here. Each posting should include ONLY ONE meal option. The SUBJECT of each message should be ONLY the name of the food you are describing.

Old 02-22-2013, 04:42 AM
New Daycare.com Member

Default Banana Blueberry Oat Muffins

I just made these yesterday (my mom gave me their brown bunch of bananas since they were going on a trip and forgot to make banana bread before leaving, so I've got a couple baked banana things happening here, haha) ...

The recipe was originally just Banana Oat Muffins, but I had some blueberries so I threw those in there, too .

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup white sugar (I did 1/3 c. white sugar)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
3/4 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil (I used 1/3 cup no sugar added applesauce
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup mashed bananas (I just did 2 bananas, and then about 1/3 c. blueberries)

Bake at 400 for 18 minutes. Delicious! Makes 12 muffins, and I put in the recipe into myfitnesspal and it came out to 170 calories per muffin.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:38 AM
Daycare.com Member

Sounds yummy! Do you think they would freeze well?
Old 02-22-2013, 10:39 AM
New Daycare.com Member

I'm not sure ... I really don't know anything about freezing things. They came out pretty moist, if that makes a difference at all.

Tags
banana, blueberry, muffins, recipe