Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-17-2013, 10:16 AM
LaLa1923's Avatar
LaLa1923 LaLa1923 is offline
mommyof5-and going crazy
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,094
Default What Would You Charge??

I had a call for Monday & Friday 7:30am-7:30pm for a 16mo old little boy. I really don't know what to charge!

I usually have all full-time clients. For me, this would be 2 hours of overtime each day as well. I charge $10 an hour for overtime, unless it's needed for a small period of time (I would then charge $6 an hour). My infant rate is $200-$225.

I don't know if I should charge $100 or $125.....what would you charge??

Should I charge daily or hourly.??
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-17-2013, 10:21 AM
butterfly's Avatar
butterfly butterfly is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,630
Default

Do you really want to take this on? These would be the two absolute worst days for me to have to work late. I'd be so resentful and angry all the time if I ever found myself agreeing to working that schedule.

I would charge your regular 10/hr over time with a weekly rate. - or just your regular weekly rate. I would bet this schedule is hard to find daycare for, so they should be willing to pay for it. It wouldn't be worth it for me personally though. Good luck in your decision!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-17-2013, 10:30 AM
LaLa1923's Avatar
LaLa1923 LaLa1923 is offline
mommyof5-and going crazy
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,094
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly View Post
Do you really want to take this on? These would be the two absolute worst days for me to have to work late. I'd be so resentful and angry all the time if I ever found myself agreeing to working that schedule.

I would charge your regular 10/hr over time with a weekly rate. - or just your regular weekly rate. I would bet this schedule is hard to find daycare for, so they should be willing to pay for it. It wouldn't be worth it for me personally though. Good luck in your decision!

I did think about that! I wouldn't mind the extra money right now though....I could do it until I find replacements..
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-17-2013, 01:19 PM
Crystal's Avatar
Crystal Crystal is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,955
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLa1923 View Post
I did think about that! I wouldn't mind the extra money right now though....I could do it until I find replacements..
I thought you had a waiting list...I'd just call someone from there if I was looking to add kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLa1923
I was available at her CONTRACTED time! She decided not to communicate with me!!! I will simply just pull someone from my waiting list!!!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-17-2013, 01:33 PM
LaLa1923's Avatar
LaLa1923 LaLa1923 is offline
mommyof5-and going crazy
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,094
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
I thought you had a waiting list...I'd just call someone from there if I was looking to add kids.
Yes, but NOT for second shift. This could potentially be a money maker for both shifts. I DID CALL some of those on my waiting list and they are coming by for another interview. HOwever, I'd really like to add older kids to the group and not babies...

PLus, I have a couple who would like me to care for their newborn when he is born. The baby wouldn't come until this older boy turns two.. Win Win


DO you have a problem with me or something?? How was your post helpful at all?? You did nothing but slam me on a previous post,,,,,,

I do hope you figure out why you are so angry!!

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-17-2013, 01:34 PM
Willow Willow is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,607
Default

Edited - was on my phone and read your & as a - initially lol

Was thinking shoot, when the heck is the kid going to be home except to sleep!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-17-2013, 01:42 PM
allsmiles's Avatar
allsmiles allsmiles is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: texas
Posts: 328
Default



lala.. girl go ahead and charge the $125.. it think that is totally fair seeing tht they will be there all day PLUS going into your evening.. i have had kids until 8:30 mon-fri if needed cuz im at home anyway.. and the ppl cant help what their work schedules are?? if i dont do it, somebody will so I personally cant worry bout the ratio of time w/ parents..

i do the same as you $10/hr past the regular 10 hr shift..

and i totally understand the waiting list issue, shoot ive called ppl on waiting list and of course they have already found care sometimes.. they cant sit around and wait on me??

good luck honey!!!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-17-2013, 01:49 PM
momofboys's Avatar
momofboys momofboys is offline
Advanced Daycare Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,433
Default

I would charge the $125/week for the 2 days.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-17-2013, 01:50 PM
momofboys's Avatar
momofboys momofboys is offline
Advanced Daycare Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,433
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow View Post
If he's in care 12 hours a day when is he ever going to see his parents??


I would decline, reason being I don't believe children that young should be away from their parents that much time a day under ordinary circumstances.
It is only 2 days/week-sometimes parents can't help the hours they have. I also would decline if it was a 5-day-week working those hours but 2 days, seems like the kid will get plenty of parent time T/Wed/Thurs, not to mention the weekend! I previously cared for a family whose mom was a nurse & she worked 12 hr shifts 7 am - 7 pm. She did not need me the whole time as dad was able to pick up by 5:30 but in a perfect world that doesn't always happen.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-17-2013, 01:53 PM
LaLa1923's Avatar
LaLa1923 LaLa1923 is offline
mommyof5-and going crazy
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,094
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow View Post
If he's in care 12 hours a day when is he ever going to see his parents??


I would decline, reason being I don't believe children that young should be away from their parents that much time a day under ordinary circumstances.
It's not up to me to parent the parent.....what are nurses supposed to do?

I simply asked for advice on what to charge.....
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-17-2013, 01:54 PM
momofboys's Avatar
momofboys momofboys is offline
Advanced Daycare Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,433
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLa1923 View Post
It's not up to me to parent the parent.....what are nurses supposed to do?

I simply asked for advice on what to charge.....
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-17-2013, 02:16 PM
mom2many's Avatar
mom2many mom2many is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: California
Posts: 1,211
Default

I have had several nurses working 12 hour shifts...pretty common here & fortunately the other parent is usually able to pick up by 6 pm when I close.

If I were you, I would definitely just charge them $10/hour extra for the overtime and I think that is more than fair & would probably go with at least $125 to help compensate you for working late on those 2 days.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-17-2013, 02:19 PM
Crystal's Avatar
Crystal Crystal is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,955
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLa1923 View Post
Yes, but NOT for second shift. This could potentially be a money maker for both shifts. I DID CALL some of those on my waiting list and they are coming by for another interview. HOwever, I'd really like to add older kids to the group and not babies...

PLus, I have a couple who would like me to care for their newborn when he is born. The baby wouldn't come until this older boy turns two.. Win Win


DO you have a problem with me or something?? How was your post helpful at all?? You did nothing but slam me on a previous post,,,,,,

I do hope you figure out why you are so angry!!

Not angry.....you just confuse the heck out of me. I RARELY get angry, and most people know if I am.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-17-2013, 02:20 PM
Crystal's Avatar
Crystal Crystal is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,955
Default

I would charge $125. I'd definitley have to make it worth my while to work until 7:30 ANY night of the week, but especially on a Monday or Friday.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What Would You Charge For This? small_steps Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 7 07-20-2016 11:46 AM
I Need Some Ideas On How To Charge daymommy Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 14 01-07-2016 08:14 AM
What Would You Charge daycare Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 10 12-05-2012 07:45 AM
What To Charge? How Many Hrs/Days? LaLa1923 Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 7 10-28-2012 11:21 AM
What Should I Charge? Bizzymom1111 Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 15 11-30-2010 05:47 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:26 AM.



Daycare.com         Find A Daycare         List Your Daycare         Toys & Products                 About Us

Daycare.com
Please read our Disclaimer before continuing.

Topics pertain mainly to the following States:

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming