Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 04-17-2013, 10:16 AM
mommyof5-and going crazy

Default What Would You Charge??

I had a call for Monday & Friday 7:30am-7:30pm for a 16mo old little boy. I really don't know what to charge!

I usually have all full-time clients. For me, this would be 2 hours of overtime each day as well. I charge $10 an hour for overtime, unless it's needed for a small period of time (I would then charge $6 an hour). My infant rate is $200-$225.

I don't know if I should charge $100 or $125.....what would you charge??

Should I charge daily or hourly.??
Old 04-17-2013, 10:21 AM
Daycare.com Member

Do you really want to take this on? These would be the two absolute worst days for me to have to work late. I'd be so resentful and angry all the time if I ever found myself agreeing to working that schedule.

I would charge your regular 10/hr over time with a weekly rate. - or just your regular weekly rate. I would bet this schedule is hard to find daycare for, so they should be willing to pay for it. It wouldn't be worth it for me personally though. Good luck in your decision!
Old 04-17-2013, 10:30 AM
mommyof5-and going crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly View Post
Do you really want to take this on? These would be the two absolute worst days for me to have to work late. I'd be so resentful and angry all the time if I ever found myself agreeing to working that schedule.

I would charge your regular 10/hr over time with a weekly rate. - or just your regular weekly rate. I would bet this schedule is hard to find daycare for, so they should be willing to pay for it. It wouldn't be worth it for me personally though. Good luck in your decision!

I did think about that! I wouldn't mind the extra money right now though....I could do it until I find replacements..
Old 04-17-2013, 01:19 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLa1923 View Post
I did think about that! I wouldn't mind the extra money right now though....I could do it until I find replacements..
I thought you had a waiting list...I'd just call someone from there if I was looking to add kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLa1923
I was available at her CONTRACTED time! She decided not to communicate with me!!! I will simply just pull someone from my waiting list!!!
Old 04-17-2013, 01:33 PM
mommyof5-and going crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
I thought you had a waiting list...I'd just call someone from there if I was looking to add kids.
Yes, but NOT for second shift. This could potentially be a money maker for both shifts. I DID CALL some of those on my waiting list and they are coming by for another interview. HOwever, I'd really like to add older kids to the group and not babies...

PLus, I have a couple who would like me to care for their newborn when he is born. The baby wouldn't come until this older boy turns two.. Win Win

DO you have a problem with me or something?? How was your post helpful at all?? You did nothing but slam me on a previous post,,,,,,

I do hope you figure out why you are so angry!!

Old 04-17-2013, 01:34 PM

Edited - was on my phone and read your & as a - initially lol

Was thinking shoot, when the heck is the kid going to be home except to sleep!
Old 04-17-2013, 01:42 PM
Daycare.com Member

lala.. girl go ahead and charge the $125.. it think that is totally fair seeing tht they will be there all day PLUS going into your evening.. i have had kids until 8:30 mon-fri if needed cuz im at home anyway.. and the ppl cant help what their work schedules are?? if i dont do it, somebody will so I personally cant worry bout the ratio of time w/ parents..

i do the same as you $10/hr past the regular 10 hr shift..

and i totally understand the waiting list issue, shoot ive called ppl on waiting list and of course they have already found care sometimes.. they cant sit around and wait on me??

good luck honey!!!
Old 04-17-2013, 01:49 PM
Advanced Daycare Member

I would charge the $125/week for the 2 days.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:50 PM
Advanced Daycare Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow View Post
If he's in care 12 hours a day when is he ever going to see his parents??

I would decline, reason being I don't believe children that young should be away from their parents that much time a day under ordinary circumstances.
It is only 2 days/week-sometimes parents can't help the hours they have. I also would decline if it was a 5-day-week working those hours but 2 days, seems like the kid will get plenty of parent time T/Wed/Thurs, not to mention the weekend! I previously cared for a family whose mom was a nurse & she worked 12 hr shifts 7 am - 7 pm. She did not need me the whole time as dad was able to pick up by 5:30 but in a perfect world that doesn't always happen.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:53 PM
mommyof5-and going crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow View Post
If he's in care 12 hours a day when is he ever going to see his parents??

I would decline, reason being I don't believe children that young should be away from their parents that much time a day under ordinary circumstances.
It's not up to me to parent the parent.....what are nurses supposed to do?

I simply asked for advice on what to charge.....
Old 04-17-2013, 01:54 PM
Advanced Daycare Member

Quote:
It's not up to me to parent the parent.....what are nurses supposed to do?

I simply asked for advice on what to charge.....
Old 04-17-2013, 02:16 PM
Daycare.com Member

I have had several nurses working 12 hour shifts...pretty common here & fortunately the other parent is usually able to pick up by 6 pm when I close.

If I were you, I would definitely just charge them $10/hour extra for the overtime and I think that is more than fair & would probably go with at least $125 to help compensate you for working late on those 2 days.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Yes, but NOT for second shift. This could potentially be a money maker for both shifts. I DID CALL some of those on my waiting list and they are coming by for another interview. HOwever, I'd really like to add older kids to the group and not babies...

PLus, I have a couple who would like me to care for their newborn when he is born. The baby wouldn't come until this older boy turns two.. Win Win

DO you have a problem with me or something?? How was your post helpful at all?? You did nothing but slam me on a previous post,,,,,,

I do hope you figure out why you are so angry!!

Not angry.....you just confuse the heck out of me. I RARELY get angry, and most people know if I am.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:20 PM

I would charge $125. I'd definitley have to make it worth my while to work until 7:30 ANY night of the week, but especially on a Monday or Friday.