Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 10-14-2013, 05:50 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default Finding DCK

Good morning! I received my license a few weeks ago and I'm trying to enroll some kids. How did you all go about finding parents/kids? I've been advertising on Facebook and I've placed business cards in the local grocery store. I've made flyers last night and I will be taking them around to local grocery stores and to the local school. Do you guys have any other suggestions?
Old 10-14-2013, 05:59 AM
Daycare.com Member

Craigslist. That's where most of my clients have found me
Old 10-14-2013, 05:59 AM
Daycare.com Member

Craig's list...
Congrats on opening
Old 10-14-2013, 06:01 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Familycare71 View Post
Craig's list...
Congrats on opening
Looks like we posted at the same time and had the same idea Great minds....
Old 10-14-2013, 09:57 AM

Tons of threads about ideas for advertising

http://daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=advertisement
Old 10-14-2013, 10:19 AM
Daycare.com Member

Tell everyone you talk to about your DC!. When you are shopping, mention it to the cashier, the teller at the bank, The lady in the parking lot. Anybody you talk too. If they act interested give them a business card. Pass business cards out with candy at Halloween. If you accept vouchers, take flyers or business cards to the local health clinic or social services office. Take them to the employee offices too! When people are looking for a job, they are looking for childcare too. Check to see if you have local advertising page on FB. Good luck!
Old 10-14-2013, 10:36 AM
Group DCP in Kansas

Craigslist has worked best for us, also maintaining a good website and having my hubby optimize it for search engines

We are listed with our local referral service but I have gotten 2 calls referred from them in 5 years and they were both no goes.

We did business cards, handed out candy at halloween at the zoo, put up flyers, etc but didn't get any calls off any of that.
Old 10-14-2013, 11:52 AM
Daycare.com Member

Thanks so much! These are great suggestions!!!

Tags
advertising, filling spots