Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas

Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas Post breakfast items, lunch items, and snack items that are all child friendly here. Each posting should include ONLY ONE meal option. The SUBJECT of each message should be ONLY the name of the food you are describing.

Old 01-05-2014, 03:00 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default Do You Provide Baby Food Or Have The Parents Provide It?

Just wondering whether you provide baby food or you have the parents provide the baby food for the infants.
Old 01-05-2014, 03:02 PM
Daycare.com Member

I supply it, but I'm on the food program so I have to.

If I wasn't on the food program, I would probably make what I could out of what everyone else ate or just have parents bring it.
Old 01-05-2014, 03:13 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorTots View Post
Just wondering whether you provide baby food or you have the parents provide the baby food for the infants.
I have parents bring it until they are on table food and then I provide table food.

I am not on the food program.

Laurel
Old 01-05-2014, 03:32 PM
Family Childcare Provider

I provide it, also on the food program.
Old 01-05-2014, 06:26 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

I've always had the parents provide formula and infant food, but now that I'm on the food program, I provide all.
Old 01-06-2014, 04:05 AM
Daycare.com Member

I provide all food, but not formula.
Old 01-06-2014, 05:42 AM
New Daycare.com Member

I have the parents bring formula and jarred food till age 1 year. Meaning I always keep several jars of baby food on hand incase we run out or the parent forgets to bring. Over the years I have been in a pickle when there was nothing to feed baby because the parent forgot! I also keep a couple of different size packages of diapers for this same reason!

I have thought about offering to provide formula and all jarred organic baby food and diapers, but would have to raise my infant rate to cover the cost. That way the super busy parents don't have to do anything just drop off and pick up. Easy for them and me!
Old 01-06-2014, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunlight View Post
I have the parents bring formula and jarred food till age 1 year. Meaning I always keep several jars of baby food on hand incase we run out or the parent forgets to bring. Over the years I have been in a pickle when there was nothing to feed baby because the parent forgot! I also keep a couple of different size packages of diapers for this same reason!

I have thought about offering to provide formula and all jarred organic baby food and diapers, but would have to raise my infant rate to cover the cost. That way the super busy parents don't have to do anything just drop off and pick up. Easy for them and me!
I provide everything but formula.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:52 AM
Daycare.com Member

I offer 1 kind of formula-all have used it. I provide food. I have had 1 family that wanted all organic baby food and I would not supply that, so they brought their own. After age 1 tho, they didn't care if it was organic or not-kinda weird.
Old 01-06-2014, 12:08 PM

I provide it, but do not use jars. I make my own, much more cost efficient and I have better eaters for the full 4-5 years they are typically here.

The jarred stuff does not taste the same as homemade. Putting in the work of getting them accustomed to the flavors of new foods twice (from jar to table food) is an added burden, IMHO.

Steam fresh veggies, roast lean meats in baking bags with broth and then use a mini food processor. I have the one below.. the price is usually around $12 for one. Easy.

Puree's freeze well so preparing in advance is a breeze.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg food processor.jpg (16.2 KB, 4 views)
Old 01-06-2014, 12:16 PM
New Daycare.com Member

For those of you that do provide baby food or formula do you raise your rate to cover the extra cost?
Old 01-06-2014, 02:06 PM
Daycare.com Member

I provide all, unless the parent WANTS to send a "special" food, like Gerber puffs or Yogurt Drops or something like that.
Old 01-06-2014, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunlight View Post
For those of you that do provide baby food or formula do you raise your rate to cover the extra cost?
I don't.

It is already factored into annual tuition, I also deduct my Standard Meal Allowance (.75-$2.50 per meal/snack for all meals served) on my taxes each year. It came to a little over $8,000.00 in deductions last year.

(I am not on the food program.)
Old 01-28-2014, 04:53 PM
Daycare.com Member

I supply homemade baby foods.
if they want their baby on the nasty jar stuff, they can provide it at their expense
Old 01-28-2014, 05:09 PM
Legally Unlicensed

I'm not on the food program and I provide all foods. Parents provide formula. I ran into the issue of the parents of my now 13 month old ONLY giving her puréed jarred food. She had no clue how to eat actual pieces of food up until about a month ago.
Old 01-28-2014, 05:38 PM
Daycare.com Member

I'm on the food program so I have to provide baby food, formula, cereal, etc.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:14 PM
Unregistered

I make homemade baby food and charge $8-$15 a week, depending on how much baby eats. If they are just starting out it would be $5 a week and then I keep track of how much we're eating and using. This is an at-cost service I do. It doesn't make me much money but I mostly do it cause I want kids to be well-rounded eaters.
Old 04-25-2014, 08:07 AM
Daycare.com Member

I like the idea of giving the option.

"Option 1: You provide all baby food. No extra cost per week. I rinse and bag containers - they will have to be cleaned at home.

Option 2: I provide all baby food/cereal. From time we begin infant cereal UNTIL the time the infant is on beginning table foods at 9-12m (not jarred baby food or pureed food), enrollment cost will increase by $10/week."

Tags
baby bullet, baby food, infant - meals, providing - food