Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 02-03-2014, 11:31 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default NYS Providers-Subsidized Payments Question

Had a PERFECT interview this weekend. Perfect age, perfect schedule, great convo with dcm. Kid was a doll, sweet, polite, helpful and kind. My youngest son (5) loved her and didn't want her to leave.

BUT, they are subsidy. I have NOT accepted subsidized payments since I have been licensed (was legally exempt prior and did accept them).

Dcm half begged, and then sent me an email saying how wonderful it was, how nice it was to meet me and how this is exactly what she is looking for. She doesn't want to put her dd in center care (the ones that take state subsidy are very poor quality, imho)

Would you consider this? I am interviewing to replace a problem family/kid. It's part time to start (2/10 hour days that I have available) and then FT in 4 weeks (she even brought the letter stating when she was going FT.

Is it awful to claim and receive payments? Is it worth it?

The only interviews I have had have been AWFUL, or they want VERY long hours, argue rates, kids are awful, etc. I REALLY want to replace this family, and I am liking the 20 hours to start, so I don't have to term one family and hope this one works out, kwim?
Old 02-03-2014, 05:32 PM
Daycare.com Member

What county are you in? (you can PM me if you don't want to say here) I know our county just switched to an electronic system of claiming, and with you only having one child, it would be pretty quick to fill out. I am not sure how quickly the payments are coming in, or if it would be different since we are a center.