Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Daycare Insurance

Daycare Insurance Discuss your insurance and liability concerns here.

Old 06-09-2014, 09:22 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default What Sort Of Liability Insurance Do I Need To Operate A Type B Home Daycare ?

What sort of insurance is necessary for a Type B Home Day Care ? How expensive is it ? thank you !!
Old 06-09-2014, 11:48 AM
Admin & Owner-Daycare.com

More threads on liability insurance http://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.ph...ity+insurancep
Old 06-09-2014, 11:50 AM
Daycare.com Media Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stal View Post
What sort of insurance is necessary for a Type B Home Day Care ? How expensive is it ? thank you !!
Stal,

As I recall a type B home day care is still licensed by the state, so you would be subject to those licensing guidelines. When it comes to insurance, its always best to purchase a Stand Alone Professional Child Care liability Policy with a Child Abuse endorsement and Accident Medical Policy for the children. This way you are protecting your yourself, your business and the children in the event of an injury.

Your state may require you to adhere to other laws, for example here in California you are required by Law to carry Workers Compensation Insurance if you have employees. You may find the answers regarding this info through the ODJFS website.

Tags
liability insurance