Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Curriculum

Curriculum Post any curriculum ideas, activites or projects that wouldbe helpful to our Daycare community. What is your teaching philosophy?

Old 06-14-2015, 12:03 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default Help with a couple of program issues

Hi! I offer a daily preschool program in the mornings and I am having a couple of issues. As a new provider, I would love to have someone take a look at my schedule, some of the troubles I am facing related to the meeting of everyone's diverse needs (kids ages 24 months - 5 years), etc. Do any of you offer a preschool program daily, work with children ages 18/24 months - 5 years, have lots of experience under your belt, and feel like things are working well for you in your program? I'd LOVE to run a few things by anyone who is able to help. I would be immensely grateful for any guidance anyone can offer me, related to a few minor issues I've been trying to address for MONTHS. Thank you so much!!
Old 06-14-2015, 01:27 PM
Family Childcare Home

I offer a preschool program in my family child care home and have had a mix range of children ranging from infants to 5 year olds.

There are others also. I'm sure that if you post your concerns we can help you with ideas or insight.

Without knowing any details about your program or routine I can tell you that for me the most important thing is to be open to flexibility if things come up. I also find that reminding myself about appropriate behavior for the children in each range helps me to be able to be relaxed and allow the younger ones to come and go as they please (since they have a shorter attention span) and to just move on to another activity if the children think the activity is too difficult or if they lose interest.
Old 06-14-2015, 05:39 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa View Post
I offer a preschool program in my family child care home and have had a mix range of children ranging from infants to 5 year olds.

There are others also. I'm sure that if you post your concerns we can help you with ideas or insight.

Without knowing any details about your program or routine I can tell you that for me the most important thing is to be open to flexibility if things come up. I also find that reminding myself about appropriate behavior for the children in each range helps me to be able to be relaxed and allow the younger ones to come and go as they please (since they have a shorter attention span) and to just move on to another activity if the children think the activity is too difficult or if they lose interest.
Thank you for this! I'll post my specific questions below. :-)