Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 11-10-2015, 04:00 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default 2 Week Notice

In a contract if the clause says to give 2 week notice, does provider take the 2 week tuition in advance during enrollment so save them selves if parents breach the contract. And if not then does parent actually give 2 weeks notice?
Old 11-10-2015, 04:08 PM
Daycare.com Member

Every provider does this differently, but many do collect two weeks in advance or at least on a payment plan. In my area the economy isn't great so I am currently holding a deposit of one week, and with prepayment on Friday the week before the next's weeks care, it means I hold two weeks. In the end though, your business your rules.
Old 11-10-2015, 04:37 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ami View Post
In a contract if the clause says to give 2 week notice, does provider take the 2 week tuition in advance during enrollment so save them selves if parents breach the contract. And if not then does parent actually give 2 weeks notice?
This is what I do for this very reason. The only person I didn't do this with was a child who came to me for 1 hour a day. I didn't bother with the deposit and guess what? They stiffed me $50 when they left without notice. Getting the two weeks upfront guarantees your payment. Most parents do not send their kids for this two weeks in my experience, when I terminate care, so you end up getting paid for nothing!
Old 11-10-2015, 07:17 PM
Daycare.com Member

I don't do deposits now but will in the future. I have only had one family do what they were supposed to do in the past and have lost out on money. I will have to offer a payment plan though since most families will have issue with paying it all at once.
Old 11-13-2015, 09:36 AM
New Daycare.com Member

I collect the first last week's fee at enrollment. Their last week here is always paid.

Tags
2 week notice, notice, payment plan