Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Open Daycare Center - Sell a Daycare - Rent a Daycare - Buy a Daycare

Open Daycare Center - Sell a Daycare - Rent a Daycare - Buy a Daycare Daycare.com Forum does not allow for advertising but if you are a member trying to Buy, Sell, or Lease a facility, we encourage you to use this thread. (Admin reserves the right to remove any post deemed unworthy)

Old 02-29-2016, 11:22 AM
Emmitska

Default Opening a Day Care Center in CA

Hi everyone,

I would like to open a day care center in CA and cannot find this information. I personally do not have all the educational requirements and would open the center as the business owner and executive. I would obviously have a Director of the center who would have all the requirements. Do the licensing requirements allow me to do it that way? Seems like nowhere is the distinction between the business owner and the Director. Both seem to be referred to as the same and only person...? I'd like to clarify this before continuing in my endeavor. Can any of you refer me to the right documentation? Links? Something.

TIA!
Emilie
Old 03-02-2016, 12:35 AM
Admin & Owner-Daycare.com

Welcome to the forum. Possibly the answer is in CA standards: http://www.daycare.com/california/
Old 03-02-2016, 10:22 AM
thrivingchildcare.com

Hey there,

I just thought of something. We have a childcare advocate in California, actually I think there are two.

I have found them to be very helpful with info regarding regulations and related topics. The one I call is Sharon Greene, but depending on which part of the state, there might be a different person.

Anyway, if you would like her info, just send me a PM with your email address and I will share her contact info with you.
Old 03-03-2016, 11:02 AM
Family Childcare Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrivingchildcarecom View Post
Hey there,

I just thought of something. We have a childcare advocate in California, actually I think there are two.

I have found them to be very helpful with info regarding regulations and related topics. The one I call is Sharon Greene, but depending on which part of the state, there might be a different person.

Anyway, if you would like her info, just send me a PM with your email address and I will share her contact info with you.
Yes, Sharon Greene along with Jude Burden are advocates that are a part of Community Care Licensing.
Old 03-07-2016, 12:08 AM
Jeanie F

Default Oh Goodness!

I am educating in early childhood and business in Montana and was wondering how to join an appropriate community support group as a private/nonpublic school entrepreneur.

Do I connect with the only two private/nonpublic schools here in the city I live?

Or...

Do I appropriately join in the homeschooling networks in the city I live?

Your input is very important if you don't mind responding.

Thank You,
Jeanie
Old 03-07-2016, 03:40 AM
Admin & Owner-Daycare.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanie View Post
I am educating in early childhood and business in Montana and was wondering how to join an appropriate community support group as a private/nonpublic school entrepreneur.

Do I connect with the only two private/nonpublic schools here in the city I live?

Or...

Do I appropriately join in the homeschooling networks in the city I live?

Your input is very important if you don't mind responding.

Thank You,
Jeanie
Welcome to the forum Jeanie. Here are some threads on homeschooling: http://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=homeschool

Tags
california - regulations, director, director - california, homeschool