Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Daycare and Taxes

Daycare and Taxes All things related to Taxes and running a Daycare post here. Topics of tax exemptions, forms, filings, tax write offs, IRS etc.

Old 03-15-2016, 12:40 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default Do I Need to Depreciate?

I am confused about depreciation. Do I need to depreciate anything if I am just renting? Would I still need to depreciate couches, etc if they are more than $500? Forgive my confusion, but I'm new at all of this tax stuff and I'm going crazy ha!
Old 03-15-2016, 09:47 PM
Admin & Owner-Daycare.com

Maybe Tom Copeland can comment on this. I would think if you bought the furniture that is used in your business you can depreciate it as a time space percentage.
Her is more info on that: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...ace+percentage
Old 03-16-2016, 07:20 AM
Business Author/Trainer

Default depreciation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boymom View Post
I am confused about depreciation. Do I need to depreciate anything if I am just renting? Would I still need to depreciate couches, etc if they are more than $500? Forgive my confusion, but I'm new at all of this tax stuff and I'm going crazy ha!
A new rule says you can deduct in one year any item costing less than $2,500. See my article on this: http://tomcopelandblog.com/clarifica...-the-2500-rule

Tags
depreciation - home, time space percentage