Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Daycare Insurance

Daycare Insurance Discuss your insurance and liability concerns here.

Old 02-28-2017, 08:05 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default Home Insurance in Boston, MA Area

Hello, I am planning to start a family home daycare in Boston, MA area. My insurance agent told me that it's almost impossible to find a company that covers the house with the daycare, especially with license for 10+ kids. Could you recommend a provider you use? Was your insurance increased greatly when you started the daycare business in your home?

Thank you!
Old 02-28-2017, 10:58 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dimad View Post
Hello, I am planning to start a family home daycare in Boston, MA area. My insurance agent told me that it's almost impossible to find a company that covers the house with the daycare, especially with license for 10+ kids. Could you recommend a provider you use? Was your insurance increased greatly when you started the daycare business in your home?

Thank you!
I recently wanted to see if I have the lowest rate for home insurance and now it seems like every company asks if you have a home daycare and if you answer yes your premium will be greatly increased or they will not offer you insurance. I have All state but they did not ask me if I have a home daycare when I signed up 3 years ago and I have seperate daycare insurance through Assure Childcare.
Old 02-28-2017, 11:51 AM
Daycare.com Media Member

Your best bet is to find a separate professional liability and accident medical policy that is specifically for child care providers. Once you have that, it should be a little easier to find a company that will write you a homeowners policy. You may need to show them a certificate priving that you have liability insurance.

Tags
liability insurance