Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 07-30-2017, 09:29 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default NYS Providers, DSS Payments

ANY advice? My center's books are a mess (not my center, new job!) and it's mainly because of subsidized payments. Yes, we are pretty much full now, but more than HALF of our clients are on subsidy.

The former director was negligent, to say the least, in collecting payments. So for some kids, nothing has been paid in 3+ months!

I did not accept subsidy as a FCC provider (in the last 6+ years I want to say), so this is one paperwork area that I am SORELY lacking in.

ANY advice would be appreciated!
Old 07-30-2017, 09:43 AM
Daycare.com Member

I'm not in NY, but my advice would be to take care of the current month first, then the oldest month past due. Just in case there is a deadline, you don't want to lose the current month's subsidy.
Old 07-31-2017, 04:11 AM
Daycare.com Member

I'm trying, but it's a mess. The paperwork is confusing, and it appears like some parents are required to submit paystubs to ME? Some to DSS? Some not at all?

SO. CONFUSED.
Old 07-31-2017, 05:48 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

I'd contact the rep and ask for updated training and assistance. They are usually helpful since that is also where their income comes from, keeping centers enrolled.
Old 07-31-2017, 08:45 AM
Daycare.com Member

That was my first thought, unfortunately, she doesn't return phone calls. I've sent her emails regarding each individual account, too. So far, no response.

I have all of July's claims organized and sitting on my desk at work waiting to be submitted, I just need to know WHAT I need to submit with them.

And to add insult to injury, the attendance records aren't well maintained (which has changed as of the beginning of the month) but that's not helping matters with previous months claims, because nope, I don't know what time Mason left on 4/17.

I'm ball parking us to be owed in the 5 figure range from May-current. I've spoken to the owner about the possibility of not recouping all of those funds, as at this point it's looking more than likely we won't be able to.
Old 07-31-2017, 10:31 AM
Daycare.com Member

I'd submit them in case there is a deadline you might miss....with a note about you trying to get in touch with her, and will she please contact you if anything is missing. Then photocopy every last bit of paper going in the envelope...then send it from the post office with delivery confirmation so you have a record of when it was received by their office.
Old 07-31-2017, 10:32 AM
Daycare.com Member

Then I'd get to work on June, then May...working backwards, doing the same thing. June is the end of the fiscal year so it might be worth an all nighter to get that in ASAP.
Old 07-31-2017, 02:04 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daycarediva View Post
That was my first thought, unfortunately, she doesn't return phone calls. I've sent her emails regarding each individual account, too. So far, no response. .
I am sorry to hear that. I hoped your area would be run more efficiently. I keep reading about how much they have improved...

Tags
dss, new york member