Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 09-01-2017, 05:15 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default Happy Friday!

All I can say is thank God it's Friday and thank God that I'm off Monday!

It's 8:12 and I always start on the nose at 7:30 and still noone is here. Not that I don't enjoy the quiet, because I absolutely do, but I was up until 12;30 last night and am exhausted and would have loved to sleep in a bit.

My PITA that typically is in the driveway at 7:29 (I open at 7:30) and they live 5 houses away, mom just now texted me that hubby is bringing him "soon". She "forgot" to text me last night. I told her last time to text me night before. grrr. This little darling also kicked over one of my glass solar lights yesterday and she told me he did. Did she pick it up when she passed it twice? Nope!

My other family called at 8:00 said other parent was bringing her and have a great weekend.

Again, enjoy sitting here with no kids, but really I would have enjoyed another 1/2 hr in bed. Is communication really that hard?
Old 09-01-2017, 05:25 AM
Daycare.com Member

UGH Dad just dropped PITA off, nearly 1 hour past normal time and he hasn't had breakfast yet. Why is it so hard to feed a child breakfast? My son never ever went to daycare without it and he went at 7:30
Old 09-01-2017, 06:46 AM
Daycare.com Member

TGIF! This week has stunk to high heaven. 2 more weeks until my really difficult dcb of over 2 years leaves for preschool.

I'm so tired of having to put him in time out and take away privileges, and hearing him scream bloody murder because he got caught being naughty.

I hear every provider has at least one difficult child. I think I got mine early on!
Old 09-01-2017, 07:27 AM
Daycare.com Member

Only 5 kids today, I'll spend nap time packing the car for a weekend trip. We'll leave the driveway with my last client of the day.
Old 09-01-2017, 08:18 AM
Daycare.com Member

Today starts my new normal. Sent off trouble maker DCB5 to Kindergarten and replaced him with DCG2. She is doing great. I think I upset mom a bit when I sent her to the car with her stuffed kitty. No toys from home here, no exceptions. The nuks she packed are hung up high and DCG has not even asked for them. Hoping to get her through the day without it to show mom we can adjust to new settings better than she thinks. Sent mom a picture of her having fun for reassurance.

I however messed up on the long weekend thing though. I work one Saturday a month doing drop in care at the center I worked at previously.. yup that's tomorrow morning.
Old 09-01-2017, 08:34 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by midaycare View Post
TGIF! This week has stunk to high heaven. 2 more weeks until my really difficult dcb of over 2 years leaves for preschool.

I'm so tired of having to put him in time out and take away privileges, and hearing him scream bloody murder because he got caught being naughty.

I hear every provider has at least one difficult child. I think I got mine early on!
You explained this little darling. He was supposed to go to preschool full time, but he's not potty trained yet, so he can't go. They plan on January now ugh. However, it is a full time spot, so the extra income will be nice, but I will say I won't cry when he goes in Jan!
Old 09-01-2017, 11:08 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo View Post
You explained this little darling. He was supposed to go to preschool full time, but he's not potty trained yet, so he can't go. They plan on January now ugh. However, it is a full time spot, so the extra income will be nice, but I will say I won't cry when he goes in Jan!
I was worried about this too. This dcb wasn't potty trained until recently. I bribed him 7 ways from Sunday to help him go. No way could I do another half year/year.

I must hide my frustration really well, because the parents tell me all the time I'm fantastic and recommend me to people. I'm just thinking, "if you only knew my thoughts sometimes!"

I don't mean to be so negative about dcb, he's just taken a toll on me.
Old 09-01-2017, 11:57 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
I was worried about this too. This dcb wasn't potty trained until recently. I bribed him 7 ways from Sunday to help him go. No way could I do another half year/year.

I must hide my frustration really well, because the parents tell me all the time I'm fantastic and recommend me to people. I'm just thinking, "if you only knew my thoughts sometimes!"

I don't mean to be so negative about dcb, he's just taken a toll on me.
It's not negative at all, I completely understand. I have his twin lol. I have tried everything with this guy too. Shooting cheerios with pee is my last ditch effort. Usually that works with the boys haha. Nope, not this one. Of course, he still growls, kicks and hits momma too, so you get the idea. I don't think he's ready for full time preschool just on his behavior alone, but daddy works for the school district, so they get it for a really cheap price, so they don't care. If they sent him now, they would kick him out for several reasons. Hence why I have him until Jan. lol
Old 09-02-2017, 02:00 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:

Sounds like a child I have! She's always a challenge anyways but has been off the wall the past week or so. She goes for a preschool open house Tuesday and starts on Wed.! Absolutely love her to pieces BUT she needs this and I need this.

Tags
communicating with parents, late arrivals