Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 10-31-2017, 11:47 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default Calculating Food Program Reimbursements

I am on tier 1 now, based on my location. I did some calculations, and requested my reimbursement rates from my sponsor.

I cannot get their total AT ALL. I just emailed asking for clarification, but I could typically get within a few dollars over or under on tier 2.

1.31 breakfast
2.46 lunch
.73 snacks

I submitted a claim for 104 of each. That's 468. My check for that month was for 446.55

No disallowances.

I asked a provider acquaintance and she said she never calculates her check, but is going to look into it now.

Am I nuts? I thought everyone checked their totals out.
Old 10-31-2017, 12:04 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daycarediva View Post
I am on tier 1 now, based on my location. I did some calculations, and requested my reimbursement rates from my sponsor.

I cannot get their total AT ALL. I just emailed asking for clarification, but I could typically get within a few dollars over or under on tier 2.

1.31 breakfast
2.46 lunch
.73 snacks

I submitted a claim for 104 of each. That's 468. My check for that month was for 446.55

No disallowances.

I asked a provider acquaintance and she said she never calculates her check, but is going to look into it now.

Am I nuts? I thought everyone checked their totals out.
I have never It just feels like one more thing to have to do. But if there are discrepancies I had better start.
Old 10-31-2017, 12:14 PM
Daycare.com Member

Just heard from the provider- her last 3 months are all off- all three short, totaling about $100.

Yup, sounds like I have to keep on top of it and ask for explanations. UGH.
Old 10-31-2017, 01:39 PM
Daycare.com Member

Oh man. Something else we have to keep on top of.
Old 10-31-2017, 01:41 PM
Daycare.com Member

Part of your reimbursement comes from the state, and part is federal. They don't come at the same time. So your next check will likely have the small amount from the state added to it, one payment behind.
Old 10-31-2017, 07:31 PM
Daycare.com Member

My last check was over $400 short! I am hoping that it does get corrected and show up in my next check!
Old 10-31-2017, 09:04 PM

I always calculate mine, but my reimbursement has always been correct.
Old 11-01-2017, 10:59 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leigh View Post
My last check was over $400 short! I am hoping that it does get corrected and show up in my next check!
Did you email your sponsor to inquire?
Old 11-01-2017, 11:08 AM
Daycare.com Member

This is the one and only reason I like the food program online at KidKare. I had 2 errors on September's claim and I caught it before the check had been sent to direct deposit. My sponsor fixed it for me. What happened was the FP had already put the changes that were to go into effect in October and that discounted 2 snacks for September so it was their error. Once I submit, I can check within 2 days and it tells me if there is any errors.

Tags
food program - reimbursement